Well if anyone's expecting me to have eaten something exotic or gross like snails or squid there is some definite disappointment coming. However, I'm sure some laughs are coming as well.
Dun dun dun.....I ate RANCH! (icky icky stuff) Yes, you read right...ranch! Can't stand the stuff!
Anyone that knows me probably knows how much I despise ranch. Even the smell makes me want to gag. Seriously, Jordan had a salad a couple days ago and left the bowl on the floor right below my nose and I could smell it and just had to move the bowl before I inhaled too much of that nasty stuff. Ugh! And when I had to make gallons of it at Mick's...not fun!
But, I am proud to say that I actually ate some ranch tonight. I've been wanting to try this baked ranch chicken recipe I found awhile back. Kim, the wife of a guy I used to work with at Sportsman's Warehouse is an amazing cook and would always send super yummy lunches and snacks to work with her husband. Well, turns out, she's been trying to put together all of her recipes so she can publish her own cookbook. I'm not sure how close she is to actually publishing her book but I tried this recipe, where ranch was one of the ingredients, and it actually turned out way good! Her recipe calls for 6 chicken breasts but I only wanted to make 3 so I just halved the recipe and had plenty of everything leftover mix to make more. I told Jordan about the ranch, he took a bite and I asked him if he could taste the ranch. I shouldn't have been surprised when he said "guess you'll have to find out." I took a bite and it was surprisingly delicious! I definitely recommend this recipe. Plus it seems like most people have some frozen chicken on hand so it was a good quick dinner (30 minutes total including warming up some corn and making parmesan noodles).
Here's the link to her blog with this tasty recipe: http://butmamaimhungry.blogspot.com/search/label/chicken
No comments:
Post a Comment