Miss Macie Knapp has been super lucky the past few weeks. She gets to be enrolled in Ski School and has been going snowboarding up at Kelly's Canyon for the past 3 Fridays in a row and still has February 4th left. Basically all the kids from 4th up through at least Junior High who want to participate just has to pay the fee and have all the gear. I remember doing what we called "Skills Exploration" in 6th and 7th grade but we only got to do it 3 times. Being able to leave school early is just icing on the cake when it comes to snowboarding for hours with all your friends and Macie is really really not wanting it to end so the last time will be a sad day for her.
Macie in action
To top it all off though, as it turns out parents and siblings of the Ski School kids get to go for $18 so guess who's been snowboarding practically every Friday for the last 3 weeks?! Jordan and I!! Although I didn't go this past Friday but the first two times were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I hadn't been in two years and surprisingly enough I could count the number of times I fell on one hand and didn't break anything. Kendra even came this last time so we kind of pushed each other to try the things we really needed to work on to get better.
A lot of people complain about the snow and the so-called crappy weather here in Idaho but the real trick to it is getting off your butt and doing something about it. Okay so obviously you can't make the snow go away (at least not until March), but just going out and trying to make the best of it can really help make those winter months a little brighter. Maybe one day I'll be so good you'll see ME tearing up the side of the mountain? Maybe after I buy a cushion for my bum and some athletic tape for my wrists. Kinda sad I know. Ha ha...but I'm still hoping to get better one day!



No comments:
Post a Comment