Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm 23? What?!

Well, it's happened again....I'm one year older! I hope one year wiser too but that hasn't been decided yet : ) My birthday started out kind of interesting. I slept in (what's new right?), then when I woke up Jordan asked me where I wanted to go out to dinner for my birthday and I replied Olive Garden. He said that sounded great and said we probably should leave by 4:30 p.m. then proceeded to clean the house, and I mean the entire house. He did the dishes, swept and mopped the kitchen and mud room. When I noticed I began to do some cleaning of my own. Not being home very much last month left the house rather messy with several piles of our stuff and craft supplies all over the living room and bedroom so that became my job along with the back bedroom which consists of the majority of my craft supplies in the closet. Jordan decides to joke around and say that we can't go to dinner until everything is cleaned up but I didn't really think too much into detail about it cause he jokes around a lot. Plus, Monday night Jordan, his mom Kelly, sister Macie, brother Dustin, and I all went into Idaho Falls so he could do some birthday shopping but when we were getting out of the truck to head back to our own house Dustin kind of slipped when Macie said, "See you Wednesday," he said, "What about the party?" It started to get me thinking a little bit but I thought that meant everyone surprising me at Olive Garden, especially since Jordan has a cousin, Shawnee, with the same birthday as me. So I'm cleaning the entire house while thinking that maybe by "party" it meant everyone coming to celebrate at Olive Garden. Much to my surprise Jordan's family surprise me at my house! He even got my mom in on it and she came for dinner too! It was SO great! Not only did I have nearly all mine and Jordan's family there to celebrate my birthday (Brock had to work, Nathan lives in Utah, & Dane's in Brazil), but between Jordan's and my mom there were ALL of my favorite foods! Can we say....heaven?! We had ourselves a feast of Jordan's practically famous fresh BBQ'd salmon, fried rice, pasta vegetable salad, regular salad, croissants, homemade rootbear, and double fudge chocolate cake for dessert!

if you look close the candle is actually a match (we didn't have real candles)

now you can tell it's a match : )

me and my beautiful mother

he thinks he's so funny

he blinked last time so he wanted to make sure his eyes were open for this one

Maggie likes to have her belly rubbed

When all is said and done, my 23rd birthday was amazing! What made it so amazing was my family. Just seeing how much food that was made by my husband, mother-in-law, my brother-in-law, and sisters-in-law helping pack everything into the car, and my own mom driving an hour up to my house after she'd been working all day was enough of a birthday present for me. It really made me realize even more how great of a family I have and how blessed I am to have each of them in my life. Having people that care about you that much that they would make all your favorite foods for dinner or find a way that for you to get the one birthday present you even mentioned or driving twice as long as you normally would after a long day of work just to surprise your daughter. It's times like these when I think I take my family for granted and really want to strive to appreciate them all more. I just love my family!

Thank you all!


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Jordan DID surprise you, and it sounds like he totally had you tricked! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete