Friday, March 25, 2011

Trust and Acceptance

This post is kind of more of one that's sad, yet good at the same time. Hopefully you'll understand why. For those that read my post for the joy of LUCK - day 02 it was basically about me interviewing for a position with Mountain View Hospital that sounded great. Working 4 days a week, off at a decent hour, and a full benefits package! Perfect! Well, I'm sorry to update but it was a no-go for this job. Yep, myself + Mountain View Hospital = negative (at least for now)! And honestly I was pretty down the rest of the day after I got the crappy call (ask Jordan, he'll be happy to verify that one). But then I decided I needed to not let it get to me so much and came across a talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks titled, "Timing." Exactly what I needed and I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone, especially those who are struggling with important life decisions right now. 


The following are excerpts from the talk that I particularly liked and hope to remember. That's where the "happy" part of this post comes in. When, where, and how I get a job is something that I just need to always remember, is up to the Lord. I, of course need to do my part, searching, applying, and following up on positions, but it's still critically important that I trust in the Lord. His plan and His will is what's important.


"We prepare in the way the Lord has directed. We hold ourselves in readiness to act on the Lord’s timing. He will tell us when the time is right to take the next step. For now, we simply concentrate on our own assignments and on what we have been asked to do today. In this we are also mindful of the Lord’s assurance: 'I will hasten my work in its time'” (D&C 88:73).


"The Lord’s timing also applies to the important events of our personal lives. A great scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants declares that a particular spiritual experience will come to us “in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will” (D&C 88:68). This principle applies to revelation 2 and to all of the most important events in our lives: birth, marriage, death, and even our moves from place to place."


"If we have faith in God and if we are committed to the fundamentals of keeping His commandments and putting Him first in our lives, we do not need to plan every single event—even every important event—and we should not feel rejected or depressed if some things—even some very important things—do not happen at the time we had planned or hoped or prayed."


"I return to the subject with which I began. Do not rely on planning every event of your life—even every important event. Stand ready to accept the Lord’s planning and the agency of others in matters that inevitably affect you. Plan, of course, but fix your planning on personal commitments that will carry you through no matter what happens. Anchor your life to eternal principles, and act upon those principles whatever the circumstances and whatever the actions of others. Then you can await the Lord’s timing and be sure of the outcome in eternity."

1 comment:

  1. I was sad when I read this, but happy that you know and understand that tho Lord has a plan for you! Keep your chin up, girly! Things will work out and you'll be able to find what's right for you & your family! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete