Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just Help Yourself Mr. Moose

Getting sick of reading about moose yet? Well, sorry I like moose so here goes. Jordan and I had been in Washington with his family at a friends wedding since Friday so I think this moose thought the coast was clear to dig into our hay. He was actually eating right off the haystack when we turned into the driveway last night at about 11:00 p.m. but quickly ran off when we began pulling into the garage. However, that didn't stop this little sneaky thing from coming back for dinner tonight. Jordan and I went to the market at about 1:30 p.m. today to get a few things and saw this guy just waiting til he thought he was safe to dig in for more but then a few hours later he really decided it was dinner time and I think was really enjoying some more tasty hay...


















And for those wondering how I got even this close to take these pictures....I'm super sneaky! Jordan called me after he passed the house because he saw this guy eating off the haystack so I busted out the camera and snuck as close as I could before the moose caught me. The sequence of pictures above is when Jordan pulled into the clearing to the left of the moose to try and herd the moose passed me. Unfortunately for Jordan, this moose had a different plan in mind. He decided to push his massive body through the trees and bushes behind the hay and that was the end of the moose. For the time being that is. Less then an hour later he came back in the trees and bushes on the side of the house. Jordan thinks when he ran off he just circled back around and took a nap or something in the trees and bushes on the side cause after we had dinner Jordan looked around the garage back at the hay and found this guy sleeping right next to the haystack. Dang, this moose is a persistent little fella. It's just a matter of time before he's hungry again. I decided to call him my moose since he's practically been living around our house for a couple months. Now for a name. Oscar? Conley? Emmette?

3 comments:

  1. Haha! That's awesome. We miss you guys! James keeps asking me why I don't talk to you much any more... I don't mean to not... I just sorta forget or something. Anyways, we should do something, soon! I don't know if it is much up there, but it's warming up down here, and I'm loving it! :) (At least today it's been pretty nice. Our thermometer says 60, although it's right by the house... I think it's more like mid 50s, and then it's a bit breezy... but hey, that's better than snow, right?!) Hope you guys are doing well!
    PS. I don't know if Jordan hunts them, but if he does, he's probably just looking forward to it, and hoping that that moose is still around when it comes time that he can shoot him! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! And what a cute story. And I vote Oscar. Oscar the Moose. It's got a good ring to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you said you two "went to the market". I'm assuming you meant the grocery store, so I think it's cute that you call it the market...cause that's what my grandma would say. :)

    ReplyDelete