Wahoo!!! I am absolutely, positively, ecstatically thrilled to report that today was my last day of freedom because...........................................................
I GOT A JOB!!!!
It is official, I am no longer in the job hunting phase and I am now employed!!! Now, if you read a post of mine a few days ago, the joy of LUCK - Day 02 you read that I was hopeful for an open position at Mountain View Hospital that I had an interview for last Monday. However, if you checked back a couple days after that and read the post, Trust and Acceptance, you found out that I was apparently not meant for that job. But, (drum roll please) I received a phone call yesterday morning while I was visiting teaching, listened to the voicemail when I got home, and it was one of Mountain View's HR ladies asking me if I got the email from her and had a chance to consider the offer because she needed an answer ASAP. Offer? What offer woman? j/k When she called me last Thursday to tell me I was not going to be asked to come back in for a second interview for the first job she said something about keeping an eye out for an offer in an email or something about an email. Honestly after she gave me the crappy news I think I unconsciously tuned her out because I really don't think I caught everything she was telling me, I think I just wanted to get off the phone and go pig out on some brownie dough and Doritos. Anyways, after listening to the voicemail I called her back faster than I've ever called anyone and to my disappointment, she didn't answer (in my opinion it's a miracle to get any HR person to answer their phone) so I left a message but called her back like 5 more times. Still didn't pick up. So, I went to sleep with my fingers and toes crossed. Then at exactly 7:12 am.....yes AM, crazy, I got a call from Mountain View asking the same question!!! Bout time!!! I guess what happened is she recorded my email down wrong so even though she sent it last Friday, it clearly never got to me. Anyways, I am the newest employee at Mountain View Hospital as an Admitting Clerk in the Business Department!!! The position I interviewed for was for Admitting but the more general admitting of patients and such so I know this job I'm hired for has really similar duties but to be completely honest the only thing I know about it is my title, wage, and that it comes with a full benefits package. And I'm not sure when I officially start, I just know I go in tomorrow morning to do all the employee paperwork and probably the drug testing. Thinking back on the last couple weeks I know it was the Spirit that was wanting me to read the talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks in the 2003 Liahona because every word that was written was what I needed to hear. The Lord truly works in mysterious ways where often times things that seem to tear us up inside are actually a blessing in disguise. And now, just 5 days later....I got offered a job! It's odd because it's not even the job I interviewed for, and it's not one that they posted online so it was truly unexpected. Thank you to everyone for the prayers! I'm ridiculously excited, relieved, and thankful! And to celebrate, Jordan and I came into Rexburg and had a date/dinner celebration at Craigo's!!! Yummy in my tummy!

YAYYYYY! I am glad that everything worked out well for you! Congrats and good luck! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome! I'm glad you got the job!
ReplyDelete