So, yes I do realize it's March, not December but for some reason I've never gotten around to doing this project and instead have done different ones. Oops! But I don't know about you all but I LOVE Porter's!!! Love Love Love! And what can you ask is better than Porter's? After holiday sales at Porters!!!
A Christmas wreath entirely made of red berries originally $49.99 with 75% off equals..............................................
$12.50!!!!!!!!
Can you feel the excitement?! I really wanted a Christmas wreath but would have rather not have one at all than have the traditional green, pine cone style and this wreath is the exact one I had been wanting since like October when Porter's put them on display. My only dilemma....$49.99. For a wreath?! Craziness I tell ya! I went into Porter's with my mother-in-law Christmas Eve morning and there were 3 of these beauties left but were only 50% off. So, $25, definitely better but still too spendy for me. There was a different wreath that was the traditional type that I didn't really want, but part of me debated on getting, especially since it was only going to be about $15 but that little voice in my head kept saying, "You know you don't really want to hang that thing up on your door." Sadly I left Porter's that day but with every intention of coming back the day after Christmas. And you bet your little bottom I did! And this was the very last one! Yay! However, I think it had seen better days because parts of it looked rather bare compared to the rest. Luckily, all the Christmas sprigs were 75% off also so I got 5 berry sprigs (each sprig was $.75) that matched some of the berries already in the wreath to build up those sparse spots and it worked perfectly! I decided to get some little wood letters to spell, "JOY" also ($.49 a piece), a piece of Christmas scrapbook paper ($.55), and 5 white metal bells (50% off so $1.00 each). An hour later I got this.......
I had originally planned on just hot gluing the bells and letters on but then I decided to tie everything on with fishing line instead. In case I feel like changing it up a bit, which I think is inevitable for a crafter. For the letters I first painted them red, then I traced the letters onto the Christmas scrapbook paper I bought, glued the paper onto the letters, and Mod Podged each of the letters completely using the Gloss-Lustre kind.
$49.99 for a wreath? Ya right! That day at Porter's I spent $26.52, my wonderful hubby knows how much I love Porter's and got me a gift card for a stocking stuffer, so basically I spent $26.52 but saved $59.26!!! I can't help but get a huge smile on my face when I save more than I spend at Porter's : ) I'm planning on making a Christmas tag with our family name on it to put on it also but that might be a project when it's actually Christmas time. Any questions, feel free to ask!
The scrapbook paper I used was sheet music to Jingle Bells.
$49.99 for a wreath? Ya right! That day at Porter's I spent $26.52, my wonderful hubby knows how much I love Porter's and got me a gift card for a stocking stuffer, so basically I spent $26.52 but saved $59.26!!! I can't help but get a huge smile on my face when I save more than I spend at Porter's : ) I'm planning on making a Christmas tag with our family name on it to put on it also but that might be a project when it's actually Christmas time. Any questions, feel free to ask!


It turned out great! I love it!! :) P.S. I made my blog private so send me your email address so I can add you as a reader! :) ajdattage12@live.com
ReplyDelete