I found this tutorial at Red, Blonde and Burlap, who originally found it at Delia Creates, on how to make your own Canvas Art forever ago but it took me awhile to get myself over to Michaels to buy the Gel Medium that it requires. Then I finally found the Gel Medium but had to get over to the copy shop to have my image printed with a toner printer, not a regular inkjet printer. However, after waiting to do this and waiting to do that. I finally finished it! Well, sort of. I haven't put on the top layer of the Gel Medium yet since you're supposed to let it dry for hours and hours because I'd rather wait til I'm home that way I can just leave it somewhere but I'm super excited with how it's turned out so far and couldn't wait to share it!!!
I bought a package of 3 thin 4 X 6 canvas' at Porter's for $2.50 (all their canvas' are 50% off) just to try this technique out and I love it! The Gel Medium was I think $13.99 at Michael's but I had a coupon so I ended up getting it for half off! I just followed the simple step by step instructions on the Red, Blonde and Burlap blog except Jordan's parent's didn't have a spray bottle so I pretty much just ran the canvas under the facet a little to get the paper wet enough to rub off. Some of the image came off while rubbing but I didn't mind at all because I was going for a more vintage look so then later I tried to purposely rub more of the image off to get that type of a look even more. The tutorials I found both showed a color image and some word art that turned out great too. There are so many possibilities with this project. Lucky for me Christmas is just around the corner! I have a feeling there's some canvas art gifts in the future of some relatives of mine and Jordan's : )

No comments:
Post a Comment