For the last couple weeks Jordan and I have been preparing ourselves for things to may or not change in our neck of the woods. Some things have been a little up in the air and we've both been stressing, gettin' a little red in the face, and sheddin' a few tears. Okay, well I've shed a couple gallons. It's been a little overwhelming. I've only seen Jordan cry once so I can't really verify any man tears on his part. Since we've been married we've been so blessed in so many different aspects of our lives and we've tried to give our thanks to Heavenly Father each and every day. I do not exaggerate one little bit when I say our first couple years of marriage would have been a much much bigger struggle if we weren't being looked after from up above.
The last week or so we've had all these crazy emotions hovering in our minds and had a couple pity parties for ourselves but today I feel like I at least was given a huge reality check. It was like something just smacked me in the face and I thought to myself, "Why are you whining so much?" Working at a hospital I've seen people come in for all sorts of things. Everything from an amputation surgery to a 16-year-old girl needing a blood transfusion because she has cancer. I also know of an amazingly brave girl who's husband, a great 24-year-old guy, who recently became diagnosed with cancer. They've practically put everything else on hold to ensure he gets all the treatment he needs, yet, at the same time are two of the most faithful and optimistic people I've ever had the opportunity to know. I am seriously in awe of these two wonderful people. It really made me stop and think, mine and Jordan's troubles are nothing compared to facing a trial as life-changing and heart-wrenching as something like that. What in the world is my problem? I'm continuing to be sad and stressed for what? I hurried off to the bathroom to cry for that? On her blog she posted this great quote that I think is something I've really been needing to hear for the last couple weeks...
Maybe the Holy Ghost has been trying to tell me something and I've just been too carried away with my own thoughts and feelings that I haven't bothered to open my mind and heart to hear anything except my own sobs? Either way I couldn't be more grateful for this message and to have my eyes opened.
The Lord knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows our wants, our needs, our desires, everything. Period. But it's up to us to put our trust in Him, and have faith that if it's His will, it will come. That's something I've known since I was little but somehow I was too blind with my own emotions to really see it when I needed that message most. I thank you for that Megan. I definitely needed it.You two are amazing people. Your faith is inspiring. My thought and prayers, along with many many others are with you both!

Danyel- I hope you know I'm here for you. You might say, "You have a family to take care of-- 2 little girls & your husband." BUT, I should never let anything get in my way of serving, even if it's just listening to/talking with a great friend. You are an amazing friend for me, and Jordan is a great friend for James, too. :) I hope things are going okay for you guys. And SERIOUSLY, if you need to talk, I'm here!! I love talking with you, and appreciate all you do for me... Let me serve you, too! Love ya, girl!
ReplyDelete