For the last month or two I've been thinking a lot about food storage, canning, and things like that. And out here in Terreton that kind of thing is huge! I feel safe to say that everyone has at least one garden, if not several, everyone does canning, everyone has somewhat of a food storage in their home, and the list could go on and on. Lately I'd been hearing a bunch of ladies in my ward talk about corn and how much they'd done this week then how much more they had done the week after. Well, I grew up doing corn with my grandma once in awhile but when she really started to get sick no one in the family did corn anymore so it'd been at least 10 years I think since I'd even helped do corn let alone do it all myself. So, I asked a couple ladies in my ward where they'd been getting their corn from (surprisingly they bought most of the corn they'd done since they planned on doing so much their gardens weren't big enough for it all) and then Saturday Jordan and I were doing errands in town. One of those errands being to go get ourselves a bunch of delicious corn. And let me tell you.........we definitely did! Just for the two of us I decided to get 10 dozen!!! Yes, you heard right....120 ears of corn! And to think I almost got more?! I got it at an awesome price so that made me pretty excited about it too. Well my day off finally came around so that I could actually get all this corn done. Let me break it down for y'all...

120 ears of corn + 8 1/2 hours, 8 bowls, 2 pots, 1 pan, 1 knife, & 1 Danyel = 66 bags of corn!!!
Now these pictures really don't do justice because I promise you even though it doesn't look like it, there really were 120 ears of corn in all those bowls. A few months ago I was doing some baking and wondering why we have so many bowls but doing all this corn made me really glad we did because I used every single one of them. Oh and of course it tastes good. I had a sample or two throughout the process : ) Now I can check corn off the grocery list for quite awhile!
Oh and Happy Birthday to my dad! I love and miss ya tons dad! Hope your day is spectacular!
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment