Growing up in Washington Jordan didn't really have very many close friends he could count on. Basically because a lot of his friends, ones on the basketball, football, and baseball team, and some buddies in between all of that, really did not have much in common with Jordan. And the fact that after games and things they would often go party and drink and do drugs.
However, there was one person that Jordan became pretty good friends with. Tom Pratt. Tom is younger than Jordan but the two of them and Dustin did all sorts of stuff together. Of course all the outdoor stuff like fishing and hunting but you could always find them on the Columbia River wakeboarding and tubing.
Well, Tom became engaged to Briana earlier this spring so we packed up and headed back to Kennewick, Washington to be there as they got sealed for time and all eternity in the Columbia River Temple on August 18th, 2012!!!
My little red car and Jordan's truck both have a lot of miles on them and they both pretty much just made us nervous to make that 8 hour drive to Washington so Jordan and I decided to rent a car instead. And take a look at what we got...
A Toyota Corolla! Now it's definitely not the faciest or coolest car on the block but it's by far the coolest car in our driveway! Plus it had AC so that just sealed the deal with renting a car instead of driving our own : )
After we both got off work Thursday evening we met at Jordan's parent's house and headed into Idaho Falls to pick up our rental car at the Budget rental place in the airport. Now, I didn't know this, and it might not be the same with every car rental agency but with Budget you have to be at least 25-years-old to drive a rental car. So since I don't turn 25 until this coming January that meant Jordan had to drive the entire trip! Ugh! Honestly part of me felt really bad because I know how much he hates making this trip period let alone when he has to drive all of it. However, it is pretty nice to not have to do any of the driving so a small part of me was okay with it : ) Anyways, after we dropped my car off at Jordan's aunt Tracy's house in Idaho Falls we were just going to start the drive and if Jordan got tired we'd just pull over and sleep for a bit. We went the back way and I think he made it about two hours before he had to pull over. We pulled over around 10:30 or 11:00 and ended up sleeping in the car at a rest area til like 7:00 a.m.!!! I couldn't believe it! That car wasn't even that comfortable either! When Jordan woke up he just started driving again. Then there's me in the backseat still sleeping for another hour or so. What a great hubby I have! For the next 6-7 hours or so we just drove, drove, and drove some more until we finally arrived in Kennewick at about 2:30 pm. Briana got her edowements out at 10:00 am Friday morning and then they were having a little luncheon aftewards, that we showed up just in time for. Where you may ask? Hillcrest Memorial Funeral Home! Ya you heard right, a funeral home! Briana's family owns a funeral home so Jordan and I ate a late lunch in a funeral home! Before we left we were kind of making jokes as to whether or not they were going to have their reception in the funeral home. We never actually thought we'd be doing anything in the funeral home. Guess we were wrong! And in clothes I slept in none the less! Needless to say Jordan and I felt pretty underdressed for this luncheon. Honestly when we were pulling up and still in a bit of shock that they were really having a luncheon in the funeral home, I was seriously debating on if I was going to actually go in and join everone for the luncheon. Last time I was in a funeral home it wasn't exactly a good experience so going into a funeral home to eat lunch wasn't sitting very well with me. But I did end up going in and grabbing a bite to eat. It was actually really nice inside. If you didn't know you were in a funeral home I don't think you could have guessed that it was a funeral home because of how nice it was decorated and just how homey it felt.
After the luncheon Jordan and I went over to Tom's parent's house to drop off our stuff and change. Jordan, Tom, Josh (Tom's mission buddy/groomsmen) and all Tom's brothers were gonna be heading out for Tom's bachelor party! They all decided to go out on the Columbia River and go wakeboarding/tubing for his bachelor party! Tom's parent's boat is a pretty decent sized boat too so I think they were all super excited. I know Jordan was at least. I think that was Jordan's first time going wakeboarding/tubing in the Columbia River since at least 4 years ago. The whole drive to Washington I'm wondering what I'm going to be doing while my hubby was out with the guys and basically just assuming I'd stay at Tom's parent's house and watch TV or read or something because I really didn't have anything better to do and Cherika was working. But instead I got a nice surprise and Briana asked me if I'd like to join her and her bridesmaids and go get our nails done then go to her bachelorette party! Um.....would I like to be pampered a bit? Heck yes! So Briana and her bridesmaids came to Tom's parent's house and picked me up so we could head out and start the girl's day. I'd gotten french tip fake nails when I got my bridals done and then again when I got married and absolutely hated them. They drove me insane! However, a nice manicure was perfect! Normally I don't have polish on my nails at all unless it's just a clear coat to add some shine but I loved the color I chose...
After the manicure all us girls headed to the mall so a couple of the bridesmaids could exchange their bridesmaid shoes for different sizes. Once that was done we got a bite to eat and Briana took her bridesmaids to get their bridesmaid gift. What might that have been you ask? Tom shoes! Like the $60 each Tom shoes from Zumiez! At that very moment I would have loved to be a bridesmaid because they had some super cute Tom shoes at Zumiez. I thought that was such an awesome bridesmaid gift!
Next we all headed to Briana's parent's house for her bachelorette party. Her best friend from high school, Jodi, was throwing it for her. We played a couple games, had some treats, Briana burned all her underwear, (yes you heard right, she really wanted to burn all her underwear) and of course Briana opened gifts! Now, we all should know what kind of gifts girls receive at bridal showers so I won't go into that much. Let's just say I thik they probably had a decent honeymoon ; )
![]() |
| racing Briana to find the cherry in all the whipped cream |
![]() |
| I won! |
The sealing was at 9:00 am the next morning where Tom and Briana's eyes showed so much excitement! Whenever Jordan and I attend a friend or family member's sealing it always reminds me of when we were sealed 3 years ago. Feeling that amazing Spirit and having those sacred covenants fly back at me as if it were yesterday is something I couldn't be more grateful for.
Briana looked gorgeous in her dress and I loved the pink Tom's she was wearing. Yes, I think part of the reason she chose Tom's is because of the name, and the name only. Of course they spent some time going around the Columbia River Temple taking pictures so naturally that meant Jordan and I had to stay since he was the best man. And of course I took some pictures of my own when Jordan came into the picture. These are just with my phone but I think I got some pretty good ones...
I had to sort of watch myself because Briana and Tom's photographer probably could have melted me with her eye-staring, stink-eye power since I was taking a few pictures. With my phone none the less! Anyways, after Jordan was done being in front of the camera the two of us and Josh headed back to Tom's parent's house. We all changed and then headed back out to get some "supplies" for Jordan and Josh to decorate the getaway car. Let's just say Briana didn't want anything too crazy so I had to keep reminding the boys about that while they were shopping for supplies.
Before heading back we got to stop to see some family friends, the Fisk's, and chat with Nicole, Mike, and Megan for a bit. Mike and Megan were having a pool party so chatting with them a lot was a little tough but it was sure nice being able to see them while we were in Washington. We got back to Tom's just in time to change and head across the lawn to his parent's neighbors for the reception. Between Briana, her family, and Tom's family they made this area look fantastic! They strung lights from a tree to the deck and playhouse, added a chandelier, set up all sorts of super cute antique doors, and bird houses, and spread out all kinds of delicious food!
![]() |
| See the chandelier? |
![]() |
| Wow, my man is a hottie! |
Briana danced with her father, Tom and Briana had their first dance as husband and wife under the lights and stars beside the swimming pool. Others joined in and danced a little. Tom and Briana changed into their getaway attire and took off in their fabulously decorated getaway car!
After Tom and Briana left we all pitched in and began to get everything cleaned up. I think we got about 3/4 of it cleaned up when.....the power went out!!! Yep, you heard right. The power went out!!! Jordan and I seriously could not believe it. It was a flashback to Ohio all over again, except this time we were in Washington. We started to wonder if we're just not meant to take a vacation because the last two times we have the power's gone out for an extended period of time. We cleaned up more of what we could considering it was pitch black. And of course right when the power goes out is when I realize I really really need to use the bathroom. Ugh! Then, without flashlights because there was like 1 flashlight in Tom's parent's huge house, made our way to bed.
The next morning we had to get up ridiculously early, just kidding, so we could leave by 6:30 am!!! A huge part because we had to get the rental car back by 5:00 so we headed back out on the road again. There was really no way Jordan was going to be able to drive that entire drive again by himself, especially considering how much sleep he'd gotten the couple nights before so I did end up driving for 4-5 hours after he'd gotten us through the mountains in Oregon. Shhh...don't tell Budget Rental. Somehow, even considering we left later than we'd hoped, we made our pit stop in Blackfoot to pick up some hunting gear from James (Crissa's husband), pick up my car at Tracy's, and make it to Budget Rental with 15 minutes to spare. Phew!
It was definitely a weekend with a lot of driving but it was so much fun! It was fun getting to know Briana more for me and going boating with Tom for Jordan. It was fun seeing Tom and Briana be sealed for time and all eternity. It was fun going to their reception and getting to see Cherika for a few hours. And it was definitely really fun getting to spend an entire weekend with my wonderful hubby! With both of us working full time and in separate towns, along with having callings, it's truly made me treasure each time we get to spend some quality time together. So this weekend in Washington...loved it!








No comments:
Post a Comment