Tuesday, June 19, 2012

{ Smores Anyone? }

This last weekend Jordan and I went on a quick little camping trip with my family up in Island Park. We left late afternoon last Friday, spent the night, then left Saturday around 6:00 pm. Sound quick? Well, it sure was. There was a couple aunts, an uncle, a couple cousins, a bunch of second cousins, my grandpa, and some friends of the cousins along with my mom, Kip, Nathan, and one of his friends. We definitely had a nice group there. It was kind of a father's day weekend for my grandpa and I know it was exactly what he likes to do because not only was it camping but he got to do a lot of fishing as well. Even caught his limit on Henry's Lake while we were there. Jordan thought it was hilarious because almost everyone was "camping" or as he calls it "RV-ing" except for us and I think one other small tent. My mom and Kip had gotten a huge RV that'll sleep at least 6 pretty comfortable but more since there's so much floor space. Even if there would have been room in their RV I think Jordan would have been too stubborn and proud to sleep in it. Anyways, so we were in a tent behind my mom's RV. Dinner consisted of corn on the cob, potatoes, pork chops, some elk steak courtesy of Jordan and I, and of course some yummy smores.

Jordan got up early and met Dustin to go fishing (Dustin works up in Island Park). Saturday we mostly just walked around and rode 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. All the little kids were sure lovin' those 4 wheelers. I think my little cousin Kenzo is surgically attached to anything with wheels and a motor because 90% of the time he was sitting on one, whether it was moving or not. He even managed to start one and put it into gear which he then floored the throttle and rat it into a tree. Luckily, the 4 wheeler was only parked maybe 2 feet from the tree but he's only 2-years-old!

Of course we brought Kenai and Maggie and everyone seemed to be in love with these two pups of ours. And not to brag or anything, but they were 10 times more trained and better behaved than the other dogs that were there. I was a proud mama : )

Some of the little cousins found the skeleton of some animal near our campsite along the creek so some of us went for a really short little stroll through the woods.

Jordan was kind of a bum when we were dating and even engaged and basically threw a fit every time I wanted to take a picture of the two of us. You know the ones where there's just two people and one person sort of holds the camera out in front? Yep, he thinks those pictures are dumb because it's practically the same pose. However, I made a deal with him so he let me take this picture...


No comments:

Post a Comment