This last weekend...two words...jam packed! This weekend we planned on two things, Jordan's basketball tournament and a skate competition in Shelley in memory of Brock. I don't think we anticipated exactly how crazy trying to do just those two things was going to be but somehow it all worked out for everyone.
So, here goes, I got off work Friday at noon, tried to find Jordan a reversible black and white basketball jersey at the last minute. After zero luck of finding a jersey anywhere in Rexburg I headed to Jordan's parent's for awhile then left to head for American Falls, where Jordan's basketball tournament is. We took two separate cars because I was planning on leaving the tournament early to go to the skate competition but his first game was Friday night at 9:00 pm and I think we got there about 10 minutes before the game started. Let's just say we were getting a little nervous about that. And Jordan may not admit it but he was a little nervous about playing in general. The only basketball he's really played since high school is church ball and once in awhile with his brothers and Macie. The last tournament he'd played was back in high school so he wasn't really sure what to expect with this tournament. Now, he wants to play in another tournament. Ha...he wanted to play in another tournament before this one was even over.
not the best picture and this was during the easiest game they played
We were pretty lucky to be able to spend the night at Jordan's Uncle Curt and Aunt Jen's house in Chubbuck instead of having to drive back and forth. Thanks Curt and Jen!
The next morning Jordan had a game at 9:00 am (the picture above). It was a pretty easy game, American Falls High School Team, so Jordan said it was more of a warm-up game. Then we headed back into Chubbuck to meet up with Kendra and some cousins, Shawnee, Shante, Tyler, Vanessa, and her daughter Lexi. We met up at a garage sale then headed to a yummy Mexican Restaurant for lunch. It was great to see all the cousins that we basically only get to see on holidays or something but it was even better to see Shawnee and Ryan's little girl Ollie. I was pretty excited to see her cute lil' face...
now tell me we don't look good with a baby : )
After lunch I kind of had to hustle to get back to Shelley before the competition started and Jordan had to hurry back to American Falls with Kendra for his next game. I got to the competition right as it was starting and my eyes couldn't believe what I saw. The Shelley skatepark was packed! Honestly, I think most of the people there were friends but still, it was great to see so many people coming together to skate in memory of Brock. The competition went much like the one that was held in Pocatello a few months ago but my mom, Aunt Linda, Uncle John, and Kip all pulled together an area to BBQ hamburgers, hot dogs, drinks, and chips to sell too. My amazing Aunt Linda had a giant sheet cake made for the event and for Nathan and Brock's birthdays too...
After the competition everyone gathered around and sang Happy Birthday to Nathan and Brock. I couldn't help but tear up despite how much everyone was smiling. It was a really sweet moment and is something I will never forget. A huge thank you to some friends: Tanisha & Ryan, Kameron, Aunt Linda, Uncle John, my mom, and anyone else that helped organize the competition. It was a day I know Brock was watching with that huge grin on his face while laughing at all the wipe outs then showing everyone how it's really done.
After we all cleaned up after the competition I headed up to Rexburg to pick up the dogs and wait for Jordan to get back so we could head home. He wasn't too far behind me but somehow we still didn't get home til midnight. And of course we have early-morning church. Ugh! Oh well it was a pretty good weekend. Out of 14 teams, some of which from Utah, Jordan's team got 2nd! They lost in the championship game by 3 points in overtime! Well the competitive hubby that he is was bummed they didn't win of course but still really happy he got to play in a "real" tournament. I'm sure soon enough we'll be traveling somewhere else to do just that.




Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I love the sign they made for Brock & the cake, too! :) When I first saw the picture of you & Jordan and baby Ollie, I thought you had chopped all your hair! (I think it'd be cute, but was surprised for a minute!!) Looks like you're doing well!
ReplyDelete