Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hippity Hoppity Easter To All

As far as Easter traditions go, my family was never big on that. We had the Easter baskets filled with goodies, dyed eggs, and had a nice yummy dinner but that sums up our Easter pretty well. I'm sure my parent's took my brothers and I to an Easter egg hunt or two when we were little but I must have been too young because I sure don't remember. 

The religious aspect behind Easter wasn't something that was focused in my home growing up either but it was definitely on my mind and in my heart. I am so incredibly grateful for my Savior. For the ultimate sacrifice that was paid with His own perfect life for each and every one of us then rose and fullfilled the Atonement. The amazing gift of beng sealed to my wonderful husband for time and all eternity is beyond anything that can be described. Through the guidance of my Savior I know I can strive to become more like Him. I can have the great opportunity to return to live with Him. I can even be with Jordan and all the children Heavenly Father has in store for us for eternity.

My Savior means more to me than I can ever express. Only he knows me inside and out. My strengths. My weaknesses. My past. My future. The good, the bad, and the ugly and everything in between. He's been there for me when I thought no one else was. When I was too stubborn and ridiculous to let Him in and give me guidance He was patient and gave me time to realize that I have to be the one to open the door. Then I started thinking about a quote from General Conference I came across by David S. Baxter that says, "While you cannot change the past, you can shape the future." Someone created a bunch of free printables from conference that are floating around Pinterest but they can also be found here.

Since Macie is only 11-years-old we of course had to dye eggs this year and I'm sure for a few more years to come. Personally I still like dying eggs even though I'm sure not 11 anymore but hey I'm just fine being a kid at heart. And, Jordan probably will never admit it but he likes to dye eggs as well. He was being super stubborn and refused to dye eggs but we all told him he had to color at least 6 eggs before he could eat any. In the end, the little boy inside came out full force and dyed egg after egg. He even tried to sneak some of everyone else's eggs!

Kendra boiled enough eggs for two of the cousins that were going to join us but their lack of attendance gained everyone more eggs so that'll kind of explain why there's so many but I'd say we all did a fantastic job and should all go pro someday : )

The purple and teal one in the front row on the right side with the butterfly on it I chose to be my best one.

Easter morning Macie woke everyone up early so the egg hunt could begin. Everyone except for me. Yep I was a so-called party pooper and decided to continue in my deep sleep. I told Jordan it was me taking advantage of sleeping in while we don't have kids but really I just wanted to sleep in a bit.

When I woke up Jordan, Macie, Kendra, and I decided to play some Wackee 6. Now it didn't seem to be this long but apparently we played Wackee 6 for 3-4 hours! I'm not sure I believe that but for anyone who's played Wackee 6. It's so much fun! And addicting! We love it!


Here's our Easter egg dying group. Now, I realize my eyes make me look like a character straight out of Twilight but I promise I am still human. j/k Not sure why it turned out like that. I guess that's what happens when you take it with your phone when it's getting dark mixed with bad lighting.

That afternoon we headed down to spend a little bit of Easter with my family at my aunt Linda and uncle John's house. There were a few cousins and another aunt and uncle, not the usual big crowd we have but it's always nice to see family. I don't even think we usually did a get together for Easter in years past. I think with recent tragic events it brought us all togeter during this year's Easter season. Lately my eyes have definitely been opened to how much my family really means to me. I truly have some great people in my life that care about me. My aunt Linda was like a second mother to Nathan, Brock, and I. I don't think she'll ever really know how much she's meant to me throughout my life and will continue to be. Anyways, I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter!

1 comment:

  1. So fun! Your hair is adorable! :) I love the bangs. I've thought about cutting bangs, but I don't know that I can pull it off. You definitely can, though.Your eggs are very cute! How did you make the butterfly? My eggs have usually consisted of stripes, because I don't know how to do much else! :)

    ReplyDelete