Monday, April 16, 2012

< Happy Birthday Nathan >

Back in the day, on April 16th, 1991 to be exact, at 8:08 pm and weighed a whopping 5 pounds 11 1/2 ounces at 18 1/2 inches long. I wish I could say I remember the day my parent's brought little Nate home but I definitely do not. But hey I was only 3-years-old so an imperfect memory is probably expected : )

My little brother is an amazing kid and especially considering the recent tragic loss our family has suffered there was absolutely no way I couldn't express my love for my brother. Nathan and Brock were not only brothers but best friends. They liked the same things, had the same friends, and did a lot of things together. Growing up Nathan probably didn't like how much Brock wanted to be like him. My mom would even buy the same outfits when they were way young but in different colors. I wish I had that picture handy to show how cute it was!

With everything that we've been through over the last 4 months I truly admire Nathan. He's been through so much, to the point where you can't seem to go on. Yet, go on he does. Brave face and all. Something I'm having a hard time comprehending because I break down on a daily basis. He's probably got a little of our mom in him like I do though. Faking it and all. But he's still one of the strongest kids I know.

Here's to a Happy 21st Birthday Nathan!

pic courtesy of Photography by Jo

I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment