Monday, November 7, 2011

Canvas Art: Round #2

Awhile ago I decided to try a technique to make canvas art for a fraction of the price. Well, I decided to be a little more adventurous and made one that's much bigger and in color! I wasn't too nervous because Delia of Delica Creates made one for her two boys that was in color and it turned out great but this was my first canvas in color. Anyways, Jordan's cousin Shante got married clear back in June (yes I'm just barely getting them their wedding gift and it's November...I'm a horrible cousin in law!), but her sister, Shawnee, another cousin, had a precious baby girl the beginning of October and we were lucky enough to be able to go down for the blessing so I made sure to have it done by then since we hardly ever see them these days. I started with a plain 12 X 16 canvas, painted it a buttercream color and added some light streaks of a tan/burnt orange color............


(hopefully you can tell what I mean by streaks)

Now, months ago I asked Shante to send me a list of words that describe her and her (at the time fiance's) relationship. The more unique the better. Well, for the size of canvas I was wanting to do it just happened to fit two sheets of regular printer paper right on top of each other, in a landscape fashion. I was planning on doing all words for this canvas but after completing one sheet of paper with using nearly all the words I was given my plan changed and I decided to add one of their wedding photos and I'm SO glad I did because it turned out fantastic!


I just wish I had gotten a better picture because I really don't think this one really does it justice but what can ya do right? Had a couple mishaps along the way but it turned out great! And now I have Jordan's entire extended family wanting some of these little babies! Hello........can we say Christmas gifts!!! And the best part...this project was way under $10 total yet looks like it should be as pricey as all those other canvas art pieces out there! Score!

Oh and just a tip, when you go to print your art at the copy shop, print an extra copy. Trust me...it may save your project! And if you plan on putting a picture on it, I recommend not painting the canvas a color that has much of a yellow tint to it. It kind of gives that yellow tint in the skin color of the subjects of the photo. Jaundice isn't quite the new style if ya know what I'm talkin' about : )

No comments:

Post a Comment