Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

So, even though I am not yet a mother, I want to give a shout out to all those amazing mother's out there! You know who you are : ) All the ones who get up 8 times in the middle of the night to feed, change, and soothe a fussy baby. All the ones who tell a little frightened one that she'll take care of the monsters under the bed at night. All the ones who are constantly playing taxi to make it to all those dance classes, soccer practices, and music lessons. All the ones who make sure they're front and center, ready with a huge smile and a camera to match for graduation. And all the ones who's hugs, kisses, and love never stop. My hat is off to all of you. You're amazing, inside and out!

For Mother's Day, I had actually known what I was going to do for Jordan's mom for months. I saw this Kitchen Command Center on a craft blog forever ago and that's where my idea came from and the wheels inside my head started to turn until I came up with this...
I bought the wood tags, painted a thin coat of paint, sanded the edges, then used my finger to rub some metallic paint along the edges, cut out all the names with my Cricut, and tied on some thin brown jute twine. I love how they turned out! One recommendation I have though when using a Cricut to cut font that small. It might be a good idea to cut multiples of a lot of the letters because for the "e," and "i" it didn't cut it out completely so I had to do another one so that the edges didn't look stretched from trying to get it off myself. And the best part is, I already had the board, magnet pieces, and vinyl! All in all I think I spent about $15 for the few other little things I got. Later, where the blank spot is on the bottom left side, Macie and I are going to make an FHE chart for her Mother's Day gift for Kelly. She's always wanted to make one and I think this project gave her a boost to really want to do it. I only wish I had more wall space to make something like this for my house : )

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. That is so stinkin cute!!!! I want one.Really, I do. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete