For those that haven't noticed on facebook, Jordan is in the process of starting a taxidermy business. His cousin Kody and himself mounted his deer from 2009 last summer before he left on his mission to England and ever since he's had this huge urge to mount more and more animals. I shop online and in catalogs for crafts and clothes. Jordan, while he still shops online and in catalogs, he shops for forms, eyes, and ears to mount all sorts of birds and animals from around here. And it's like a kid in a candy store when all his supplies arrive. Last time a package got here, as soon as I walked in the door he goes, "Wanna see all the stuff that came today?" With a huge grin spread wide across his face. I swear I fall in love with this man every time he flashes that smile my way. But it really makes me giggle how excited he gets about taxidermy...
I sent that picture of his latest decor for our living room to one of my friends and she asks, "Did you ever think you'd have all those animals hanging on your wall?" My answer, "yes, although I'd hoped he wasn't going to be so insistant about it." But hey, who did I marry again? Oh right, Jordan Knapp. Mr. big time, avid, dedicated, Brawny Man, hunter guy. He's pretty proud of his decorating skills. Seriously, I think I dug myself into a hole because we made a deal after he finished his deer that it could hang on the wall until next season when he got another one or by the end of that year, 2010, whichever came first. Well, here it is April 2011, and guess what's still hanging on the wall? Yep, bingo! The deer! And tell us what else she's won Bob......2 more bird mounts to accompany that large deer! Hmmm...not exactly the deal we made is it? I think not. So, now the new deal is this. Our friends Crissa and James are coming to spend the day with us this Saturday (so you'll know what you're getting yourself into come Saturday...ha ha). Jordan just finished a pheasant today, just in time for them to come visit us. So, the deer, pintail drake, and pheasant can all stay on the way for the weekend and then by Monday when I get home from work, there will only be 1 animal on that wall. Basically we're going back to our original deal! One animal in the living room at a time. I don't care which animal, just as long as there's only 1. Yep, that definitely made me sond like the wicked wife of the west but I have a feeling if I keep caving on this, I'll wake up in a house that looks like I should be outside in the woods. Completely covered in animals! Ugh, I'll probably have nightmares about this tonight. Just you wait and see.
Pintail Drake
Whitetail Buck
Pheasant
Turkey Fan (Jordan wants to get a small plaque with the date and area he got this turkey in)
two more ducks that will soon be on a flat habitat w/ fake water
Now how ridiculously talented is that hubby of mine?! Trust me, I've watched him do just a fraction of what it takes to do a mount and it takes serious patience and attention to detail and my hubby is just the guy for the job! And as we speak, Jordan is busily working on another mount in the garage. It amazes me how dedicated and perfectionate he is with this taxidermy. He really loves it and is really good at it too so that makes it even better! His favorite part is putting together the habitat for the birds. It really makes the bird itself pop against the background. So if anyone out there is in the market of finding a great taxidermist you know who to call/text/facebook! Anyways, besides me working four 10-hour days a week at Mountain View, not a whole lot is happenin' in the Knapp house. Oh, we went to Green Canyon for Brooklyn's birthday/Easter celebration Saturday. Way fun! I'll have to track down some of those pictures later. Then went to my mom's for Easter dinner/Nathan and Brock's birthday dinners. So nice to see my mom and little brothers!






Haha! We'll see if someday James wants to end up having a mount, too, when he gets a deer... lol. We're so excited to come! Hopefully Kiely won't get too scared of the animals in your living room!! :)
ReplyDelete