Ladies and gentlemen, I now announce to you, the new Young Men's 1st Counselor in the Terreton 1st Ward...................Jordan Knapp!!! Yep, that's right, Jordan got his first calling in like 5 years! I think he kinda saw a calling coming his way and about a week before he found out I asked him what he'd like to get called as and he actually said into the Young Men's so we thought that worked out pretty perfect. He, along with the rest of the presidency got set apart this last Sunday and even though I don't really know very many people in our ward, it really seems like it's a good group of guys. Our bishop says there's a few young men that have become a little less active over the last year or so and he has a really good feeling that the presidency that has been chosen is going to be able to turn things around for some of the young men that seem to be struggling lately. Honestly, I think Jordan is just the guy for the job. He's not one of those people that tells people what to do with things like church. He's the one that's gonna listen to what you have to say and be there for ya. Personally I'm excited for him. I think he's going to like it a lot more than he expects, even though he says he's a little nervous.
The Young Men's President's wife talked to me a little in Relief Society too. She is SO nice and funny it's contagious! She suggests a support group for all the wives of the presidency. I like it, count me in! Tonight is the first night Jordan's calling really begins. Mutual! So here I am in the house with the two pups while Jordan spends a couple hours serving these great young men out here in the church calling he's been asked to serve. The Church is TRUE!
Danyel,
ReplyDeleteI want to join the support group, too....
Adam was just called as the YM President!
Count me in :)