Saturday, April 16, 2011

Camping Weekend

Jordan, myself, and especially his mom have been wanting to go camping for a really long time and between work schedules, school, and bad weather couldn't ever get things worked out to actually go. That is until last weekend! Yep, we all packed up and headed up to Salmon, ID for a weekend camping trip. I honestly didn't even think I would be able to go since I had just started working at Mountain View Hospital that week. And I was supposed to work last Friday but my awesome supervisor switched my day because of me having to get the second part of my TB test read Thursday so that was perfect. And I think Jordan's mom Kelly was really really wanting to go because she said the last time she'd been camping was back when she got married. So I guess about 25 years ago! She seriously planned ahead too. Going to Sam's Club and stocking up on all the food, planning all the meals, packing up all the food, along with all the dutch ovens and other supplies to actually cook the food. I was pretty impressed! I felt bad though. I spent the last couple weeks thinking I wouldn't even be able to go and then two days before I found out I was able to go but by then it was too late to help plan and prepare anything. Oh and if anyone knows Jordan or his family you know we didn't bring a camper or RV or anything like that. Jordan says that's not camping, that's RV-ing! Instead, last summer, between Jordan and his dad, they bought one of those huge canvas tents! Like the kind hunting guides take on their guided hunts with clients that pay booku bucks for an animal! I think he said they bought the one that's 14 X 12 ft! If it helps, just know that it fit 2 cots, 4 sleeping bags, 3 dogs, and a stove in it! Huge I tell ya, huge!

still setting up camp with Craig & Kelly trimming a tree for part of the tent frame

like my coat rack?

nicely stacked wood pile courtesy of Kelly & I

our kitchen area

tent's almost up...

all finished!

And of all the luck, I brought my camera clear up to Salmon only to find that it was dead! So all the pictures I got were off my phone, that quit taking pictures after 5 because the battery was so low. Ugh! Darn the luck! But I was rather impressed with my phone's camera. Not too shabby if ya ask me!

Part of the deal to this camping trip was to camp close by where there was some good fishing. Well, that didn't quite happen. Apparently it had rained the last few days up there, which in turn I guess cleared out most of the steelhead and pushed them down into Challis. We even drove 3/4 of the way to Challis to try and find a better camping/fishing spot but didn't have any luck. I think Dustin caught a couple trout or browns or cutthroat or whatever kind of fish those were where we ended up camping though(sorry I'm not the all-knowing fisher-woman, despite who I'm married to and who my brother-in-law is). So basically there was little time spent on fishing and most spent on relaxing. Saturday night before it got too dark we all decided to play baseball. And no it was not with an actual ball and bat. Jordan and his dad went hunting for the perfect branch to use as our bat, then one roll of toilet paper, a piece of tarp, and one brand new roll of medical tape later we had a ball. You can just imagine how long that "ball" lasted. A couple good swings from Jordan and Dustin and that thing exploded. I really wish my phone lasted longer cause that was pretty funny! Especially when Jordan ran into a thorny bush to try and catch it when Dustin hit a home run. Hilarious! Sorry honey, but it really was! All in all I'd say it was a really nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment