There's no way I could find the word to express how much I miss you grandma. Just like there's no word that can express how much I miss spending time with you doing whatever needed to be done or whatever we wanted to do. I mean, dad's parent's had either died before I was born or shortly after so there was no time for memories there. Usually we did chores, or made sushi or corn, or watched one of your soap operas. And usually sometime while doing any one of those things you would be poking or pretending to slap box or something goofy and silly like that. Ya slap box and grandma definitely don't quite fit in the same sentence but none the less you were the first to put up a hand.
I love this picture of you grandma!
Lately Jordan's side of the family and I have kind of been on a sort of high alert because Grandma Knapp had open heart surgery a couple weeks ago where they replaced 2 valves and repaired 1. Crazy! This will probably sound pathetic and completely stupid and immature but it's weird to me to think that they can do big surgeries like that in little old Idaho Falls. I love Grey's Anatomy so in my mind I'm thinking that they only do that kind of stuff in the big cities. I know, I apparently live in a fantasy television world. We're all just glad she's doing so great. For example, she had the surgery on a Thursday and was up walking on Saturday! Jordan jokes that he now knows where everyone in the family got their toughness from, Grandma, not Grandpa. Anyways, she's such an amazingly strong and positive person it's completely baffeling to me but makes me so grateful that she's my grandma, yet, at the same time makes me miss my Grandma Sato, yet, remember all the good times with her. Now we just gotta get Grandma Knapp out of ICU, into the Cardio Rehab area, then back home and ready for the holidays with all the Knapp family!

No comments:
Post a Comment