Saturday, May 9, 2015

{ Boy or Girl, More Blue or New Pink? }

The time finally came to find out if baby Knapp #2 was going to bring more blue or some new pink to our family!
 
It took a lot for me to wait as long as I did with Wyatt and this time was not any easier. I was originally going to wait until 20 weeks to find out the gender just like I did with Wyatt but tha fell on the opening day of shed hunting (if that sounds as completely and utterly pathetic as it sounds, it's because it is!). So, instead of waiting another week I tried to schedule it 5 days earlier than the official 20 weeks. I could have kept it that way but my Dr. said that with this appointment, with doing all the measurements, if they didn't get good enough pictures, I'd have to come back in and do another ultrasound. Translation: more time and money, both of which I do not have. So I made myself wait one more week to find out. But I am happy to say baby Knapp #2 is a............................................
 
 
We also did a video of Macie shooting our balloon filled with pink paint but uploading it has not been successful. Roughly about 15 shots later is when Macie got the balloon (sorry Mai I had to do it). It was pretty entertaining to be honest. Macie's brothers were all getting a little annoyed because every shot was just a couple inches off and just couldn't get the balloon. I think they were pretty close to disowning her for it actually.
 
So it looks like I'll be needing to re-program my brain to the more girly things to get ready for this baby. And I'll be honest, I . AM . NERVOUS! For two reasons. One, I didn't have any sisters and I didn't even babysit very much. So really, even though I am a girl, I don't feel like I know very much at all about girls. Second, I have NO girl things. I think I bought a cute little tutu at Hobby Lobby like 2 years ago with a zebra onsie just because I thought it was pretty darn adorable. Other than that...nada, zip, zilch, zero! Better start hitting some of those sales right? Any input or tips on that would be awesome!
 
But despite all that I am still very very excited to be blessed with a precious baby girl this fall. As soon as we left from after my ultrasound I wanted so badly to go to a fabric store to get started on all the sewing projects I knew I'd want to do if I found out a girl would be coming. Trust me, I would have too if Jordan hadn't been with me. I knew there was no way I was going to be able to convince him to take me there. I have a feeling I'm going to have to contain myself big time with this one.
 
When anyone asks Wyatt where baby is he'll do one of two things. If Corey is around he'll point to her belly and say baby girl (she's 4 months further along than me, actually was due on 5/5/15, so more obvious for Wyatt). Or if she's not around most of the time he'll point to my belly but is still a little confused when we ask that and Corey isn't around. So who knows how much of all this he really understands. But Jordan and I are really excited to see how Wyatt reacts through this pregnancy! I think he's going to be one awesome big brother. And totally, 100% protective of his baby sister (especially considering who his daddy is).

No comments:

Post a Comment