Saturday, February 7, 2015

{ January Happenings }

This may have been the longest stretch in my blogging history that I have gone without writing or posting anything. So instead of trying to play catch up (cause we all know that's most likely not going to happen) I'm going to do a readers digest version of what we've been up to the last few months.
(But of course I'm going to be back-dating this post)

So really quick. For Christmas we made it a little easier on ourselves. Instead of trying to go to both families on Christmas day we spent a few hours on Christmas Eve with my mom and Nathan then Jordan's family Christmas day. Since Brock passed away a few years ago on Christmas Eve that day stands out more on my side of the family anyways so Jordan, Wyatt, and I packed up all the gifts and headed to my mom's the afternoon of Christmas Eve. It was pretty low key. We all took turns opening gifts, of course Wyatt had the most. I was not expecting to be spoiled by my little brother but he definitely did just that by getting Jordan and I gift cards and a couple other things for when we actually buy a house someday. Jordan and I bought a new washer and dryer on Black Friday so my mom, Jordan's parents, and Jordan's grandparents in Ohio contributed to that purchase instead of getting us other gifts so that worked out really well for us. Of course our enterainment for the evening was our sweet Mr. Wyatt. This boy is so stinkin' funny sometimes! I love it!

Christmass day we spent with Jordan's family. Wyatt's gifts consisted of almost all clothes and books. He has a ton of toys already and really hasn't been playing with much of them lately. But books are a daily item being hauled out with this boy so that made Christmas shopping very easy. He did much better opening the gifts this year but got distracted easily by what was inside. But above all he was distracted by the breakfast fruits and snacks on the coffee table. Food definitely takes presidence with this boy. If there's food around and he sees it, everything else in the world basically disappears. That evening is usually when we all head up to Ashton to grandma and grandpa's and have the big family get together. This year was a little difficult because we got a nice big storm Christmas Eve. Kelly desperately didn't want to go when she heard that the first car heading up north got stuck less than 60 down the driveway. So lets just say that made for a nice little argument in the second car. Lucky me to be in the second car...j/k. Finally we made it up to Ashton. We got to visit with family, play a game, eat yummy food, and of course play football in some awesome snow. Thankfully the drive home was much less tense : )

January
 
1-1-2015...rockin' his Santa hat after Christmas

1-2-2015...just a boy sittin' in his puppy chair eating an afternoon snack

1-3-2015...visiting grandpa Tracy

1-3-2015...love Wyatt's face in this picture

1-5-2015...Rambo night with Uncle Du

1-10-2015...Happy Birthday to ME...good lookin' birthday crew right there
 
Everyone else went to Boise for another one of Macie's basketball tournaments. I'm sure it would have still been a fun birthday. Mostly I just didn't feel like being in a car for 5+ hours on my actual birthday so Wyatt and I decided to stay home and celebrate in our own way. My mom came up Saturday and took us out to lunch so that was really nice and yummy. Even when everyone got back it honestly just felt like any other day. Nothing really special or different at all.
 

1-16-2015...time for another haircut...Wyatt did SO good! I was impressed

I decided to take a chance and take Wyatt into Evan's Beauty College for his next haircut and I could not believe how well it went. Wyatt did wonderful! He just sat there in the little booster seat with his polka dot cape and let the sweet girl cut his hair. At the end she used a blow dryer to get all the hair off of him, which for some reason he didn't like that, but that was the only thing he fussed about even a little bit. I couldn't believe it!
1-17-2015...hangin' out with the girls while Aunt Kendra tries on wedding dresses
I was a little nervous for this day mostly just because Wyatt and I both weren't feeling very well. But I really wanted to be there for Kendra while she started the process of finding the perfect wedding dress so we just plugged through the day. This was stop #1 so luckily Wyatt wasn't feeling too yucky. I even caught a little smile for a picture.

1-22-2015...bathtime...and no all that mess under his nose is not just water...the beginning of a nasty cold right here
1-24-2015...swimming with daddy in Boise...it was SO hard to get him out of the water...he's definitely his daddy's boy : )
This was while we were in Boise for Macie's last tournament. This was a fairly rough weekend at times because on the way over to Boise I felt like Wyatt wasn't quite acting like himself. And I personally wasn't feeling well at all. I'm pretty sure I had the flu but being in Boise couldn't really get checked that easily. That night was not the best. Wyatt went to sleep fine but woke up in the middle of the night just screaming and crying all of a sudden and neither Jordan or I knew what was wrong. We knew there was something up but not quite sure exactly. And all of us were crammed in one hotel room so Jordan's night was half spent driving around Boise to help Wyatt get some sleep and half sleeping in the car when Wyatt would finally fall asleep. Jordan was such a sweet guy taking care of Wyatt that night while I was feeling so crappy even though he had driven the entire way to Boise and coached a couple games when we got to Boise that night. I was definitely thankful but still felt bad for both my boys after that night. And with that weekend I was SO grateful for those that I work with. Wyatt got a slight ear infection when he was probably 7 months old but he didn't show any of the typical symptoms. He'd just had a cold and runny nose for over 2 weeks. So I text one of the PA's I work with, all the signs and symptoms Wyatt was having, that we were in Boise, and he called in an antibiotic to one of the closest Walgreens that was on our way back to the hotel. Talk about awesome people! I was incredibly grateful and I am about 99.9% sure that Wyatt had either a sinus infection and/or an ear infection because within 2 doses he was feeling so much better. That made for one happy baby and one happy mama!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment