Sunday, November 30, 2014

{ A Thankful Heart... }

Wow, does anyone know where November went?! I didn't see it. I think it completely flew by and next thing I know it's December. Wow!
 
Anyways, I do remember Thanksgiving though. I absolutely love the holidays for the only reason of seeing family. Yes, the food is delicious. Yes, there's a reason for the holiday. Yes, it's usually a day off from work. But I love, love, love being able to see family. And that is definitely something to be thankful for.

The timing with mine and Jordan's family events has always been tricky. His family usually does their gatherings at 1:00 pm in Ashton and my family does their's at 2:00 pm in Ucon. In the past we've tried to go to both but this year we decided we didn't want to try and rush up to Ashton after spending an hour or so with my family. So with that being said we unfortunately didn't get to see as much family for Thanksgiving as we normally do but it was great seeing my family. Most of my extended family hadn't seen Wyatt for quite awhile so we all enjoyed it. And of course the food was super tasty. Over the years we've gotten to have the more traditional holiday dinners with my family. Before my Grandma Sato passed away she would make sushi and we'd always have that on our Thanksgiving table so it definitely wasn't the most traditional meal, which is something I always loved about my family gatherings, but still delicious food!
 
Since last Thanksgiving a lot has changed. Wyatt is older and getting into the whole toddler stage of life. We moved out of our cute little house in Mud Lake in with Jordan's parent's in Rexburg. We're house hunting, trying to find a house. We're trying to get school going. Kendra is seriously dating Ben and is practically engaged. Dane and Corey are expecting their first baby in May 2015. Many of the changes I'm thankful for. And even excited about. Some changes not so much.

I'm thankful for the time we had to live in Mud Lake and become good friends with so many people. The community out there is amazing and unlike anywhere else I've ever been. Someday we hope to make it back out to Mud Lake but for now it's not really an option.

I love seeing Wyatt grow and learn more and more everyday. Sometimes it does make me a little sad to think that he is growing so fast and that I can't get a particular moment back because I loved it so much but seeing him grow and develope as much as he does each day just astounds me. I have a smartie on my hands people. Not just a smartie but a comedian, a warm and caring heart, a sweetheart, a performer, a sports enthusiest, a hungry healthy eater, and so much more. I'm so thankful that I can see and be part of any of it.

I'm thankful for Jordan's parents and that they have been so incredibly wonderful with letting us stay with them while we try to transition to becoming homeowners. I don't know what we'd do without them.

I'm thankful for a new neice or nephew coming next May. Adding another baby to the Knapp family is exciting!

I am so so thankful for family. The family I was born into and the family that I married into. My mom is such a rock in my life. Without her strong example. I am incredibly thankful for Jordan's family. They are just such geniunely good, caring people. Another wonderful example in my life. Sisters that don't even consider the "in-law" part of sister-in-law because it doesn't apply at all. A brother and brothers-in-law that will drop anything to come help me.

I'm thankful for the Gospel and the knowledge I have that I will see Brock again someday. That he is always with me. I'm thankful for the peace the Gospel has brought me that through the Holy Ghost I found out for myself that Brock is alright. That moment that I found that for myself is a moment I will always treasure.
 
Now, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take as many pictures as I wanted but at my Aunt Linda's house Wyatt loved playing with all sorts of toys. Including a little piano my aunt had.
 
 
This boy is at the top of my list of things I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for his funny personality. The way he can always, always make me smile. His sweet little kisses (often times open mouth kisses). His love of books. How he's only 18 months old but is already always asking to watch basketball (like father like son right?). That I have this sweet little boy to look forward to when I come home from work. How no matter what I will always have someone that needs me. I cherish that feeling. That he chose me to be his mommy. The list is endless. I realize almost all parents, mothers in particular, say this but I truly could not imagine life without Wyatt. I know I wouldn't have that true joy in my life. I have so so much gratitute to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to be Wyatt's mommy and for trusting me to be his mommy and all that that entails.
 
This life we have all been given is wonderful. I am so thankful for it and everything else I have been given.
 
Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment