Tuesday, November 4, 2014

{ Trick - or - Treat }

I love Halloween! I love to decorate for it! To dress up for it! Carve pumpkins! Go trunk or treating! Watch a scary movie! Everything! This year was going to be different though. Normally as soon as October 1st comes around I have all the Halloween decorations out making my house look like a haunted house. Spiderwebs, spiders, ghosts, mini coffins everywhere. However, since we are still currently living with Craig and Kelly I had to forego my decorating. I was actually pretty sad about it. But, on the plus side, Wyatt was old enough to dress up and take to the ward trunk or treat! I hadn't really decided what to dress him up as come Halloween day. I had a handful of ideas floating around my head and really didn't want to spend a lot of money on his costume but I hadn't officially decided until Halloween morning. Wyatt and I woke up, ate breakfast, then headed to DI to see what we could come up with. DI actually had a ton of just normal, everyday wear clothes for Wyatt so I totally scored there and between DI and WalMart I had enough clothes for 3 different costumes but finally decided on...
 
Wyatt was a Newsie for Halloween! Not very many people knew what I was talking about when I told them but there is an older musical called Newsies with Christian Bale in it when he was pretty young. I thought his costume turned out really well! And only $4.25 I did forget to bring his newspaper when we went to the trunk or treat but he probably wouldn't have held onto it for very long anyways. Mine was totally last minute too but probably pretty obvious. Rosie the Riveter! Not too shabby for $4.00.

love my little Newsie!
 
At the trunk or treat Wyatt walked to the two cars parked on either side of Kelly but that was about it. He started looking around at everyone else dressed up and wouldn't walk any further. So I just decided to pick him up and we finished the trunk or treat together. With me holding him he did really well actually! We walked up to every car, I leaned him over to the bowl of candy, and he'd pick out a piece of candy and drop it in his bag I was holding. Except when he found a bowl with a smartie he grabbed that right out and wouldn't let it go. He held on to it for the rest of the trunk or treat. The only thing he was really leary of was anyone in a mask. Kelly accidentally scared him with a werewolf mask last week and ever since he's been very aware of anyone in a mask. After the trunk or treat our ward did a chili cook off with hot chocolate. I thought that was such a great idea. Such a great way to celebrate Halloween a little more.
 
On Saturday Wyatt and I went into IF and had a quick lunch with my mom and Nathan before he left to go back to North Dakota Sunday morning.
 
love seeing these two together!
 

Wyatt sure loves his Grandma DeNise...or as we're teaching him to call my mom, Obaasan. It means grandma in Japanese!

 
love my little lumberjack! Uncle Dustin was so proud!
 
We were planning on carving pumpkins on the 30th but Wyatt was just too tired to do anything else except sleep so we didn't end up carving his pumpkin until Sunday, November 2nd. Oh well it was still super fun and Wyatt loved it!
 
look at his super excited little face!

he loved helping me pull all the guts out...and loved playing in them even more!

terrible lighting but had to get one of the two of us

finished pumpkin! Aunt Macie was so proud!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment