One of Jordan's cousins, Derek, came home from his mission in California a few weeks ago and we all decided to go down to Pocatello for his homecoming. But since it was going to be an hour and a half drive at least we decided to head down Saturday late morning and make a nice fun weekend out of it.
Craig, Kelly, Macie, Wyatt, and myself all crammed into Kelly's car and headed down late Saturday morning. Another one of Jordan's cousins' husband (Lyndsey's husband) Brady invited Jordan to go hunting with him Saturday morning so he actually left Rexburg around 3:00 am to get down to Pocatello in time to go hunt. Ugh! There was no way I was going to get myself up at that horrible hour let alone get Wyatt up so we decided to go later with everyone else.
First thing we do when we get to Pocatello...Costco! Ha ha...yep, Costco. Kelly and I both wanted to go so we all went and met Kendra and Ben there to do a little shopping. They had all their organic stuff on sale that day so that was what all their samples were. And we got there right around lunch time so as soon as we start seeing all the samples we all think, "well there's lunch." And let me just say, it was super tasty! Wyatt tried all organic stuff for lunch: white chedder mac-n-cheese, tomatoe basil soup, french garlic bread, cereal, juice. It was awesome!
After Costco we went to visit with Craig's brother Curt and his wife for a few minutes. They're building a new house so we got to get a tour and chat for a bit then Craig and Kelly took Wyatt and I over to Lyndsey and Brady's house. I gotta say...looking at their new house made me very excited for when Jordan and I build someday! Lyndsey and Brady were awesome and offered to have us stay the night at their house Saturday night so instead of squishing into a hotel with the rest of the fam us three bunked with Lyndsey, Brady, and their little boy Hunter. Hunter is 3 months younger than Wyatt so it was really fun to see them interact and play together. Hunter and Wyatt even got into a little game of chase around the living room and kitchen. I'm so bummed I didn't take any pictures of those two cuties!
Dane and Corey made the drive down for the homecoming Saturday afternoon and stayed the night at the hotel with Craig and Kelly. Their hotel was pretty cool just because of the swimming pool. So of course the first thing everyone does is go to the pool.
![]() |
| the whole gang swimming...minus Corey, Kelly, and myself of course |
![]() |
| Wyatt doing what he loves to do most in the pool...climb up and down the stairs |
![]() |
| getting some splashing in before it's time to get out |
So definetly not the best quality of photos but I'm glad Kelly took them anyways. Wyatt still isn't sure about the whole swimming thing. The water was a bit chilly so I think that was part of the reason why he still didn't love it. He didn't cry when Jordan first put him in the water but he fussed pretty good. You could tell he didn't like it at first but he got more and more comfortable with it. Especially having Jordan, Macie, Kendra, Craig, and Dane all in the pool with him. I guess only time will tell if it's something he'll love like his daddy or simply tolerate like his mommy : )
That night Craig, Kelly, Kendra, Ben, Macie, Jordan, myself, Wyatt, Lyndsey, Brady, and Hunter all went out to eat at Red Lobster. We all very rarely get to go to Red Lobster and everyone, especially Jordan, loves it so we decided to splurge a little. It was so worth it! They had their endless shrimp so needless to say we all got super full and had leftovers. After we all just headed back to Lyndsey and Brady's or the hotel for the night. Lyndsey, Brady, Jordan, and I chatted for a little bit before we all went to bed but Wyatt was not in a particularly good mood that night so I ended up calling it a night a little earlier than everyone else but it was really nice to hang out with them. We've been able to get to know them a lot more lately and we absolutely love it! Lyndsey and Brady are just awesome and we know Wyatt and Hunter will grow up to be best buddies.
The next day was Derek's homecoming so we got to see tons of family which I always love. Derek gave a great talk, his siblings and step-siblings did an amazing job with their musical number. We all went to Derek's mom's house for some homemade mexican food Costa Vida style then unfortunately all had to say goodbye until next time. Kelly and Craig were meeting up with Kendra before they headed back and I decided I didn't want to wait for them so Wyatt and I crammed into his truck and started to head for home on our own. It was a tight squeeze!
When all was said and done it was a really nice weekend. We got to visit with family, go out to dinner, shop, swim. Yep, I'd say it was a successful weekend! Hoping it isn't the last before it gets too cold.





No comments:
Post a Comment