Sunday, May 25, 2014

{ 1 YEAR OLD... }

I have a one-year-old now?! What? When did that happen? Time really, truly, seriously flies by so fast! Little man can't you just stay my sweet little boy forever?!

Weight: 19 lbs. 10.5 oz (21%)
Height: 29.5 inches (31%)
Head Circumference: 18.7 inches (85%)
 
Shortly after little Wyatt turned 11 months old he started pulling himself up to things. At first it was just our legs when we were sitting down. Then he started to get a little more brave and pull himself up to the footrest, the couches, the movie crates, and my personal favorite, the fireplace! Uh oh! That one is going to cause my blood pressure to go up a lot I think.

This little guy eats like a champ. Seriously, he's almost always eating! This boy has quite the metabolism! Even if he's just eaten, and he sees someone that looks like they have food, he scurries over to them and opens his little mouth as big as it can go. Jordan's dad says he's just like a little bird. It's so darn cute! Both Kelly and the sitter that watches him have said that he's the best eater they'd ever seen. Yay! We're still trying to give chunkier foods and so far he's been doing great with all of them. When we first started to give him more solid foods he would spit once in awhile and Grandma Kelly thought it was so cute. Ha..yep super cute, let me tell ya! Let's just say it's more often than not that I have to clean my glasses after I feed this little guy. So, needless to say we're working really hard on teaching him not to spit.

Still only has those two little pearly whites on the bottom but I have a feeling more are on their way. All that drool has got to be telling me something right?
 Wyatt still in size 3 diapers, although thinking about it recently we could probably still have him in size 2 and be okay. At least during the day. At night is where we run into leaks from this little guy sleeping on his belly.

It depends on the shoe of course but he's currently wearing size 2 or 3 for shoes. And depending on the brand of clothes also, he's wearing anywhere from 9-12 months. And once again we are in desperate need of some pj's. Almost all of the jammies I have for this guy are from Children's Place (awesome black friday sales) and I think they're sleepers at least run small. It seemed like his little toes were at the end of the 9-12 month size by 10 months old.

Little Wyatt has been doing so much better sleeping through the night. Maybe about half the time he might wake up once in the middle of the night and if he doesn't find his pacifier himself I give it back to him and he falls asleep pretty fast. There was a time period for about a week he would wake up around 3:00 am and just be wide awake for about an hour. He didn't like just staying in his crib by himself so we'd put him in our bed with us. He'd just play around talking and playing for an hour then I guess that'd tire him out enough so we'd put him back in his crib and he'd fall back asleep. It was the strangest thing but he seems to be over that now. Whenever I have him home or Kelly has him home he almost always takes two naps during the day. Each one lasting anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours each! Usually his morning nap between 10:00-11:00 am is the longer nap but his afternoon nap is still at least an hour and a half. However, on the flip side, when he's at the sitter he usually only takes one nap and I'm lucky if it's the minimum he usually takes of an hour and a half. Then, it gets better. When my mom watches him he may only sleep on the ride to her house and the ride back to me to pick him up (my mom usually comes from Shelley to Rexburg to pick him up then back to Rexburg to drop him off). Yes, my mom is pretty much amazing! And Wyatt sure loves his Grandma DeNise! Apparently he just parties way too much with Grandma : )
And man, is this little guy a talker or what? Once he starts talking he's just a regular jabber-mouth. Constantly making all sorts of sounds. Sometimes it sounds like he throws an occasional "word" in there like "ball," "dad," or my personal favorite, "mamum." He and I went on a little walk to go see the chickens in the chicken coop and I told him as we were walking that chickens go "bock bock bock." We get to the chickens so he can actually see them and I ask him, " What does a chicken say?" And he totally responded, "bock bock bock." I was so surprised and so proud at the same time. Honestly, it may have just been a coincidence but it was still pretty amazing!

Wyatt has needed a little haircut for a few weeks now but I just can't bring myself to do it. He's definitely got his daddy's hairline too! So it's longer on the front and growing over his ears a little but I don't know when I'll bring myself to get it trimmed. It growing over his ears is kind of bothering me a little but mostly a trim off the top just so I can style it without it being a foot off his head. A big part is trying to find someone to do it and show me how to for in the future. It's still a lighter brown. Not nearly as dark as mine or Jordan's hair. But it definitely has some red in it!

Not sure if I mentioned it a few posts ago but I stopped breastfeeding about a week before he turned 9 months old but he still got breast milk with each bottle. Almost every bottle ended up being a 1:3 ration. One part breast milk and 3 parts formula. After a week or two I could tell he wasn't getting enough breastfeeding and when I would pump I still wouldn't get very much at all so weaning him off just sort of happened. It made me a little sad partly because I didn't plan on when I was going to stop breastfeeding and partly because I do think that is a pretty special bond between a mother and her child but I guess it worked out pretty well considering. A few days before he turned a year we gave him a few sips of milk just out of our cup and he loved it! However, I think getting him used to cow's milk is going to be a slow process. A few hours after giving him the milk his diaper looked and smelled pretty different. Jordan and Kendra both had milk allergies when they were babies and I think Wyatt may have that same allergy. I changed the first diaper, then Kelly, without even knowing we gave him milk, changed his next diaper and asked us, "Did you give him some milk?" She remember what it looks and smells like even though Kendra is 21 years-old and Jordan's even older. We'll probably just give him an ounce of cow's milk then make the rest into formula like Dr. Moore suggested. Then keep increasing the amount of cow's milk over time. Most likely those couple poopy diapers was just his body being introduced to something new because he's handled yogurt and cheese just fine, plus the formual he gets is milk based anyways.


4-14-2014...we start 'em young on the backhoe too : )


4-19-2014...this boy loves his food!
4-20-14...Easter Sunday with his handsome man
4-26-2014...maybe he saw something surprising out on the deck?
4-26-2014...my little gangsta
4-27-2014...love my boys
5-1-2014...father/son pony ride
5-3-2014...uh oh..."you caught me mom"
5-4-2014..."it's the claw!"
5-5-2014..chillin' outside with mommy
5-8-2014...Aunt Kendra brought Wyatt a new friend : )
5-10-2014...he must have had a tasty lunch
5-11-2014...caught myself a little boy...he didn't seem to like it much though
5-11-2014...nice day after church
5-13-2014...ready to play ball
5-13-2014...such a happy boy on his birthday!
5-15-2014...going for a bike ride with Grandma DeNise
5-17-2014...riding his rocking cow Aunt Mai Mai got him for his birthday
5-18-2014...wearing the Carhart hat daddy got him while walking with the truck Grandma DeNise got him
5-20-2014...blackberry mustache in the morning
5-21-2014...he'll walk back and forth through the house all day with his new toy if you'd let him 
5-23-2014...waiting in the doctor's office
5-23-2014...my poor baby before his shots...glad he was in such a good mood before, although seeing him get shots made it harder
5-23-2014...man I have one silly little boy on my hands
5-23-2014...this boy loves the water
5-24-2014...at the zoo with Grandma DeNise
5-24-2014...pretty sure Wyatt watched all the people and kids running around more than the actual animals
I had to do some switching around with appointments so we did do a fun little birthday party for Wyatt on May 17th. Post to come soon.
 
I am just so grateful for my sweet boy. Every day I look at him and think, "Wow, I am so incredibly blessed. What did I do to deserve such a wonderful little boy? Why did he choose me to be his mama?" I have no idea, all I know is that I love this boy SO much! That he's brought me the most incredible amount of love and pure joy I ever could have known!
 
I love you Wyatt! Can you slow down with the growing a little?




No comments:

Post a Comment