I for one was super excited for Easter this year just because it was Wyatt's first one. I was so excited to go shopping and find him an Easter basket and fill it with fun things! I surprised myself and found a basketball Easter basket at the dollar store. The one thing I wanted to put in Wyatt's basket turned out to be trickier to find than you'd think but a couple stores later I found my little man a little red and black basketball.
 |
| 4-18-2014...testing out the bunny ears I found at the dollar store |
 |
| 4-19-2014...this boy is ready for Easter (see his basket on the couch?) |
 |
| 4-20-2014...Happy Easter! |
 |
| 4-20-2014...all us girl wore skirts with polka dots on them to church |
 |
4-20-2014...swinging at Aunt Linda's house after Easter dinner
We all had a pretty good Easter. Mostly just hung out and visited with everyone. I think we probably had a few marshmallow wars which are always exciting and awesome. Ha...okay so a marshmallow war is basically just throwing marshmallows at each other, if you hit any part of the arm or leg you can't use it anymore. You have to get a "kill" shot to be out of the game. It's pretty fun actually! Some of us have gotten some pretty good hits. Some "cheat" and stuff more marshmallows down their shirt or toss theirs when they're out to someone else. I highly recommend trying it. Jordan, Dustin, and Macie just played it for almost an hour the other day!
|
 |
| 4-25-2014...wishing Uncle Brock a Happy 20th Bithday! |
 |
| 4-25-2014...standing with Grandma DeNise by Uncle Brock's tree |
 |
| 4-25-2014...hangin' out with Uncle Nathan and his cool camera |
 |
| 4-25-2014...Grandma DeNise got Wyatt a balloon of his very own to keep |
 |
| 4-25-2014...he loved that balloon! |
I love getting to see my family. And we really don't get to see my extended family as often as I think other families get to so when we do, when holidays like this come along it really is something special. And this year being able to celebrate it with a little one of my own. Amazingly wonderful!
I so very grateful for my Heavenly Father though. For the restored Gospel we have today that Joseph Smith was able to translate the Book of Mormon. For the opportunity we all have to be with our families for eternity. For the comfort of His presence. For the guidance along each road I take and for the helping hand up when I stumble. For someone who knows me better than I know myself. For someone who is and always has been there for me. For His atoning sacrifice allowing us to be cleansed from our sins. For the knowledge I have that I will see Brock again someday. Where would I be without Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ? I'm not exactly sure but I do know that it wouldn't be where I am today. This Gospel is such a beautiful thing! Something I cherish greatly and hold dear to my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment