Tuesday, April 15, 2014

{ 11 Months Old }

Another month has come and gone. Stop growing baby boy!
 
Wyatt is still only taking bottles and on occasion his sippy cup. We've been starting to give him drinks out of a regular cup more. Especially his milk. Jordan's mom, Kelly works in a pediatric office and says one of the things most parents say they have a hard time with is getting their littles to drink out of a regular cup, particularly milk so we're attempting to focus on milk out of a cup.
 
Jordan started this temporary position with Fish & Game the last week of March that goes until May when he starts his full time position so the last week in March is when little man started going to a day care a couple days a week. And yes, for those that are thinking how horrible that sounds and how much that stinks...you're right! It was as if I was starting work all over again leaving him for the first time. I took him to the sitter and cried pretty much the whole drive to work. I was very particular about who I took him to. Even to the point of going to every day care in Rexburg then going to 2 private day cares. Total I think I visited 5 day cares. I used to work in a day care in IF for a few months so I know how it is but after looking at 3 in Rexburg definetly decided against that. Nothing against Rexburg day cares in particular. I just feel like a lot of the time the teachers/care givers or whatever their title is, often treat it just like it's a job without showing the "caring" aspect of it. So, with that out of the picture I got a name and number of a lady in St. Anthony that runs a small day care out of her home. Wyatt and I went to visit her and loved it! She doesn't watch a lot of kids and she has two older daughters that help a lot too. And I just really liked the idea of it being in her home instead of a "facility." We probably spent at least an hour there and Wyatt even gave her this little half hug so that made me feel even better about it. There were a couple issues though: 1. She lives in St. Anthony, meaning I would basically be going in a big circle to drop him off then get to work totalling at least 40 minutes one way. 2. She charged one of the most out of everyone I'd met with. Darn it! So, Kelly got a name and number of another woman that a lady she works with takes her kids to. So Sunday night (the night before I needed to make a decision) Wyatt and I went to meet with her. She is fantastic! Super nice and great with the kids. Really gets down to their level. Honestly, I think the kids love her! She's been in childcare for at least 22 years and it really shows. She's a little more on the animated side which I think is great! And she lives in Rexburg, practically on my way to work and she charges the least out of everyone I met with! Score! So far Wyatt has been great. His nap schedule is a little off when he goes to the sitter but it hasn't affected his night time sleep schedule which I'm super grateful for. She says he just loves being around all the kids. Wherever they are he'll crawl over to them and just sit and watch them all. She has a couple little 5 year old girl that apparently adore Wyatt! She'll feed him lunch then she'll break up a bunch of little pieces of bread for him and they'll feed it to him. I think despite how much I didn't want to have to take him to a sitter, it's been really great for him. He's a huge people person. Is very content just being around someone. I miss my little guy like crazy but I'm super grateful and happy we found this sitter! She's been amazing!

Little Wyatt is still eating super great! This boy just loves food! We're starting to transition a little more and try to feed him more chunky foods. With some chunky food if we try to feed it to him he'll push it out with his tongue but if it's something we can put on his tray and he can feed himself he'll sometimes eat it. He's still been doing great with bottles and knows when he and mommy go downstairs and sit in the chair he'll lean to the side to lie down and get ready to start drinkin' his bottle. He did that to Kelly one day that she was watching him and was confused about what he was doing at first. Funny guy!

Wyatt has gotten to the phase where he thinks it's hilarious if he drops something or throws something on the floor and you keep picking it up. Craig, Kelly, and he did that for like 10 minutes one night and he giggled the entire time. It was so cute! He figured out how to open the cupboard that has all Kelly's tuppeware in it and pulled out a couple lids and bowls to play with one day. Wyatt loves to run around the kitchen and mud room in his walker terrorizing the dogs too. If any of the dogs are laying on their bed in the mud room Wyatt will go running full blast toward them. They'll hurry and get up and scurry off so they don't get run over by the little guy but then once they're up he just keeps chasing them around the kitchen until someone lets them outside, away from the little guy. We feel bad sometimes, especially for old Mysty, but it's still pretty funny! Wyatt also loves to play peek-a-boo and chase you around the island in the kitchen. He's pretty quick in his little walker so you have to really hurry around the corners but he giggles every time. And if we need to get him tired faster he loves to play peek-a-boo around the couch in the living room. Not nearly as fast crawling but he still loves it!

3-15-2014...after Aunt Macie won her basketball tournment...love this father son picture!

3-23-2014...sportin' his Sunday best

3-29-2014...practicing his duck calls
4-2-2014...riding motorcycles with Aunt Macie
4-3-2014...who needs toys when you have Grandma Kelly's wooden spoon?
4-4-2014...pantless playing with toys
4-6-2014...wearing daddy's hat
4-11-2014...having lunch with Grandma DeNise
4-11-2014...pj shopping with mommy
 
11 Months Old
So crazy to think my little Wyatt will be a whole 1 year old next month! I didn't really believe everyone at first when they told me time goes by fast. Now that I have Wyatt I understand what they all meant. Time has gone by SO fast since this little guy has come into my life. I look back and can't believe almost a year ago we were meeting for the first time in the hospital. I love him more than I ever thought was possible!

Happy 11 months baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment