Saturday, March 15, 2014

{ 10 Months Old }

Wyatt turned 10 months old this month and to celebrate we went to the doctor...ugh! There's so much illness running around my in-laws house these days it was just a matter of time 'til my little man caught something. Macie started it out by getting bronchititis and strep. Next Jordan caught a slight case of strep. Wyatt was just fine until I caught my second nasty cold/allergies then unfortunately there was no hope. Luckily it didn't get to the point of an ear infection, just a bad cold, but boy did it throw us all off for awhile. Normally I feel like Wyatt eats a really good amount of food for each meal. Some days for lunch and/or dinner up to 13 ounces! But for about a week this bottomless pit ate maybe half the amount he normally eats. Really the only things he ate well were rice cereal, oatmeal, and bread. Even our normal foods and fruits didn't seem to please him. I was getting a little worried and thought maybe by some chance he had an ear infection. Last time he still didn't show any signs of having one, just having a cold for a little longer than normal. This time he wasn't eating normally or sleeping normal at night either so we went in to get things checked out. Thankfully no ear infection. Dr. just said it's a bad cold that would definetly explain the eating and sleeping thing.
 
Wyatt tried kale a few days ago and did not seem to like it much. I don't blame him though. Even I didn't like it and I like almost all vegetables. Except for Olive Garden's soup...yummy! This little guy is so funny with food though. If you have something he thinks is food he has his eyes locked on wanting some. And besides a few vegetables he's liked everything...and I do mean everything! This boy is like a bottomless pit too. He'll just have eaten a full lunch yet within 20 minutes if he sees some food he still wants some and will eat as much as you can give him. He definetly still likes breads the most but fruit isn't far behind. And he's gotten really good at feeding himself finger foods.  Except a lot of fruit...slippery stuff! We can't tell yet which hand is going to be his dominate. I'm leaning towards possibly his left because if you place food on his tray he almost always will reach for it with his left. But if you hold it out for him to grab he just grabs it with whatever hand is closest. Jordan's hoping he's a righty that way he can just use his fishing poles, baseball gloves, bow, etc. and not need to buy him all new stuff because of being left handed : ) I guess that counts for being prepared right?
 
Little man isn't quite crawling yet. He does more of a swim type move where he pushes off with his hands but moves them backwards as he's pushing off then gets up on his tippy toes and pushes off his toes. He can definetly get around with his little squirmy type motion. After a few times I think his arms get tired and he reverts to an army crawl.
 
Dustin and Jordan were watching him a few days ago, Jordan went upstairs for a couple minutes and Wyatt started to fuss a bit. Dustin looks at him and says, "Now don't you start crying. Not until mama or dada get here." Right after that Dustin swears he heard Wyatt say, "mama" and "dada" back to back like that! Since then I've heard him say "mama" a couple times which of course made me smile.
 
2-17-2014...decided to steal aunt Macie's sweatband
 

2-20-2014...holding the football like a pro...Jordan was so proud of this picture!

2-23-2014...finishing packing at the house
2-24-2014...at daddy's basketball game...Wyatt brought the wrong ball though
2-25-2014...struttin' all his Carhart Camo
2-28-2014...at dinner with Uncle Nathan
3-2-2014...just woke up and still my happy, two-teethed little boy : )
3-8-2014...riding a pony for the first time...we start 'em young in our family!
10 Months Old!
This was technically taken a couple days after he turned 10 months right after Macie's basketball tournament...hence the sporty outfit...so sad that onesie I had made for him doesn't fit anymore...on the back it says "KNAPP" with Macie's basketball number on it too.
 
I sure love this sweet boy of mine! I've had SO many people ask me if he's ever even cried just because he's such a happy guy? And the answer....yes, he's definetly cried! I mean, he's still a baby. But for the most part he is just a really happy guy. I thank Heavenly Father each and every day for this boy. I think Heavenly Father knew that for my first child, at this point in my life, I needed Wyatt. I needed a boy that smiled and would try to crawl out of the arms of whoever was holding him when I get home from work greeting me with a huge grin. I needed a boy that is such a joy in my life. I needed a boy that needs me. It feels so incredibly good to be needed doesn't it? But baby boy can stop growing anytime now! I mean, he'll be a year old in two months! Ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment