Monday, February 17, 2014

{ 9 Months Old }

Yay for no shots! And I'm sure if Wyatt could talk he'd say the same thing. Even though he did really well last time he had shots, mama and baby would rather not go through with it.
 
Weight: 16 lbs. 15.5 oz (9.33%)
Height: 27 1/2 inches (17.1%)
Head Circumfrence: (79.1%)
 
Can I just say I have such a happy, silly, handsome little man?! Cause I do! I absolutely love coming home to find my little man smiling back at me trying to hop up and down and waving his arms because he's so excited to see me. I love feeding him and seeing him love or hate new foods. I love dressing him in cute clothes. I LOVE giving him kisses! I love making him giggle. I love hearing his cute little giggle. I love snuggling with him. I love waking up in the morning to him smiling back at me. What can I say...I love my handsome little man!
 
Over the last month we've tried a couple more new foods so here we have his updated list of foods he likes and dislikes:
 
Likes:
apples
bananas
mangos
pears
strawberries
kiwi
yams
spaghetti squash
acorn squash
butternut squash
sweet potatoes
avacados
parsnips
zucchini
yellow squash
carrots
chicken (added a little parsley)


Dislikes:
beets
turnips
green beans (haven't re-tried them yet, but he likes them mixed with other foods)
peas (haven't re-tried them yet either, again likes them with other foods)

We've also given him some blended up food that we eat like homemade chicken noodle soup, shepherds pie, italian chicken with rice/noodles. He's loved every one of them! He probably likes ground chicken the best out of the meats he's tried so far. Ground beef or wild game hasn't been his absolute favorite but he'll still eat it okay. Probably partly because we haven't given him much other meat besides chicken so we'll be working on that one.

He still loves his sippy cup and has gotten much better using it. Now when he gets both his little hands grasped on the handles he lifts it straight up to his mouth and leans his head back and sips away. He's still been nursing great which I'm really grateful for. Between a bottle and now a sippy cup I was a little worried how it would all go but he's been great with everything. And I've slowly been pumping less and less and am now only pumping about half as much as I used to. Slowly I've been able to build up more of a supply so I might not continue pumping clear up until Wyatt's first birthday which is a huge relief. If I wasn't working full time it'd be a different story but it's been a little hard to pump as often as I've needed to at work. Especially lately because we've gotten a lot busier.

Kelly bought a walker awhile back and until the last month or so all Wyatt's really done in it is sit and try to bounce in it a little, maybe push forward with his little feet, but now we have a fast-paced little walker. He is so darn cute in it too. He'll start going as fast as his little legs will go and crash straight into the kitchen cupboards and start playing with all the knobs and drawer handles (he's fascinated with knobs and handles). He also likes to have a ball on his tray of the walker then push it off onto the floor and go chasing it around the kitchen. If you try to put a ball on the tray he pushes it off as soon as you let go of it. The pups don't seem too fond of Wyatt and his walker though. He gets going around in the kitchen and mud room in that thing and the dogs make sure they steer clear of him. He likes to go straight up to the dogs when they're eating (yes, that did make me a little nervous at first, even in his walker) and see what's in their bowls then start pushing the bowls around.

1-20-2014...playin' with Grandma DeNise after eating lunch

1-24-2014...Wyatt and Aunt Kendra have matching pj's! 

1-24-2014...love my sweetheart!
1-26-2014...smiling after finishing dinner

1-26-2014...he discovered his tongue...silly boy!

2-1-2014...he's a natural like his daddy : )

 2-7-2014...ready to go for a ride

2-13-2014...playing basketball on the bed while mom & dad pack

 2-14-2014...ready to go swimming in the hotel....bathtub : )

2-14-2014...I think this boy may be part fish

9 Months Old!
 Technically the swimming pictures are after he turned 9 months old but I couldn't wait another month. Wyatt was SO excited to get in the water! It was adorable and hilarious at the same time. The hotel we stayed in for Macie's basketball tournament had huge bathtubs so the first thing we do when we get there...put Wyatt in his lil' Speedo swim trunks and get in the giant bathtub! It was quite the task trying to get this boy into some swimming bottoms. Macie was already in the tub so his mind was completely on the water and how fast he could get in there. It took both Jordan and I to get his clothes off and into some shorts. We'd never seen him wiggle so much! But man did he love it! This hotel was even built on some hot springs so after a few minutes we all headed to the outdoor pool. To be honest I was a little hesitant just because it seemed a bit chilly to me but I'm usually on the colder side. Either way Wyatt loved it! Just to paint a picture, there was no need for me to actually go under the water. Wyatt did enough splashing so that it looked like I had already done that : )

No comments:

Post a Comment