Friday, January 17, 2014

{ 8 Months Old }

It's hard to believe my sweet little Wyatt is already another month older! Time really does fly by when you're having fun. Especially with this silly little boy of mine.

 Over the last month Wyatt has been rolling more and more. I put down a regular blanket of his one day for him to lay on. Well, it was way too small of a blanket for this rolling little boy because he rolled right off of it onto our rug in the living room. Now, if we lay him down we either need a huge blanket or need to do a really good vacuming job so he doesn't find anything non-edible on the ground because man oh man is this boy a roller. He's definetly trying to figure out the crawling thing but mostly right now he's just scooting himself around if not rolling around. He'll put his head down so it's sort of on one of his cheeks with his hands out flat on the ground by his head then get his legs under him somehow as if he's thinking about crawling but then he just kicks and pushes his legs and ends up scooting instead. It's actually kinda funny. We got him one of those Sit-to-Stand Learning Walkers for Christmas and sometimes I'll stand him up and put his hands on the handle so he can "walk" then sort of just support his weight and he'll start taking steps forward on his own. He's still a little wobbly and sometimes steps on his own feet but he definetly understands the concept of walking. If he's anything like his daddy he'll go straight from rolling to walking. Kelly said Jordan did just that and was walking by 9 months! Ahhh...I seriously can't imagine my little guy walking by next month! Craziness! I guess only time will tell right?

When it comes to eating this boy sure does have an appetite. Kelly said she'd never seen a baby have such a good appetite. The only things I've tried that he doesn't like so far has been green beans and peas but I haven't tried those in awhile so maybe he'll like them now? He eats a good amount of food for every meal. He still really likes all the rice cereals and oatmeal and things so once in awhile we'll give him some of that after the veggies or fruits he's already eaten. To be honest I wasn't sure about that so I asked our pediatrician and he basically said if he'll still eat it it's just fine to give it to him and definetly has a lot of nutritional benefits that a lot of the foods he's eating don't have. But I don't know why he likes it so much? I mean, has anyone else tasted the stuff besides me? It's kinda gross!

He's gotten so much better at picking things up. This little guys pincher grasp is awesome! We started with half of a puff and now he's getting pieces of toast like a pro. It's pretty hilarious to watch him get food in his mouth. And so far I think he's a lefty. He almost always picks food up initially with his left hand and will sometimes use his right hand to sort of shove the food the rest of the way into his mouth. At first he would alternate between his right and his left but lately he's a lefty for sure.

We got him his first sippy cup for Christmas and wow does this boy like that thing. It took him a couple tries to actually get it into his mouth then he had to figure out the lifting part in order to actually get some liquid out but now he's a sipping champ. At least half of the juice (I guess you can call it juice even though it's seriously watered down), ends up running down his neck onto his bibs and shirts but he loves it and has been getting better about drinking from it.

I'm sorry to report, this guy still spits up. It doesn't seem to matter what he eats or drinks he's still spitting up. Other mommy's out there...did any of your kids still spit up by 8 months? The amount he spits up isn't as much as even a few months old but it'd sure be nice if it stopped. During naptime and at night I lay down an extra blanket so he doesn't soak through the sheets and things too.

The last few months have been a little rough (which isn't saying much because Wyatt is a pretty happy, easy-going baby). Around Thanksgiving he caught a cold from me that lasted longer than normal and turned into a small ear infection in one ear. Honestly, if he still hadn't had that cold you never would have guessed because he was still just as happy and silly as ever. After about two weeks of being pretty congested and some runny nose I took him in and sure enough it was a small infection in one ear so he got put on some antibiotics and that cleared up. So between catching the cold and then getting the cold to clear up it'd been probably close to a month. Then he was plain fussier than normal and sure enough we knew for sure he had started teething. No teeth had actually popped through by 8 months but we knew that had to be it (a few days after the 8 month mark one popped through).

 Wyatt is still in size 2 diapers but at night that's been a problem and I'm thinking we're at least going to put him in size 3's for bedtime because...this boy sleeps on his tummy! No matter what we do he always manages to roll onto his stomach and stays that way through the night. Right now with him being in size 2 diapers if I don't change him once in the middle of the night, when he wakes up, he's soaked from his diaper leaking, which means, his crib/our bed is wet! No bueno! He's never had a blowout, just at night he leaks.

And even though Wyatt is now 8 months old he still fits in some of his 6 month clothes. Width wise he'd be fine for awhile longer (he's just a skinny guy), but length is where we have to go up a size. I love putting him in actual t-shirts instead of just a onesie. He looks like such a big boy!

12-21-2013...playing with his giraffe in his crib while mommy cleans his room a bit

 12-27-2013...playing with Grandma Kelly
12-27-2013...visiting Grandpa Tracy
 
This boy was giggling and smiling the entire time we were visiting Grandpa Tracy!
 
12-30-2013...this boy loves bathtime!

12-31-2013...hangin' out with Uncle Du 
12-31-2013...decided to try out Grandma Kelly's big jetted tub...he was a little unsure for awhile...can ya tell? It looks like he's deep in thought trying to decide if he's scared or likes it
1-4-2014...this is when the funny tongue faces started : )
1-11-2014...hanging out with mommy on her birthday...I got loads of smiles from this boy all day!
8 Months Old
Again, if somebody knows how to make time stop or at least slow down give me a call. I'm willing to pay some major bucks! j/k I sure love this sweet boy! 

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I know this post was from almost a month ago… BUT if you're still having problems with the spit-ups, I can tell you some of the things we did. Charlotte spit up forever, too. (I don't know if she was quite as bad, but I don't remember. That was a while ago, and I have pregnant mama brain.) We would put her mattress at an angle a little bit with a pillow or something under it. That seemed to help quite a bit. She was also on some reflux meds for a while. (I don't remember what it was called…) Good luck with that, though! Love reading about that little man, and can't wait for our little guys to get here in a few weeks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete