Well, it's happened, another Christmas has come and gone. I think it's kind of a bummer. Most people look forward to Christmas all year and then all of a sudden it's over and you wonder, "What now?"
Christmas will most likely be a bittersweet time of the year for me for awhile. Definitely worse for my parents and Nathan but losing Brock completely changed my outlook on a lot of things, especially when it comes to Christmas and other holidays. As the years go by I feel like the pain and tears will fade and it'll slowly become more of a joyous time of year but that horrible day is still pretty fresh for us all so this year was still pretty hard. To be honest this year it was a lot harder for my dad than my mom so that had me a little worried for my dad. It was probably just as hard for my dad still but my mom just knows how to put on a brave face so you don't see it as much.
Christmas Eve came around and Jordan, Wyatt, and I decided to spend most of it with my family. Christmas Eve has come to have a lot of significance for us so we went down and all had a nice lunch together at my Grandpa Sato's house in Idaho Falls. I made some awesome elk steaks in the crock pot! Seriously, I'd tried a few different times to get these steaks just right and I finally nailed it! Jordan even went as far as to say they were perfect : ) After lunch we all went down to the Shelley Skate Park and set up a Christmas tree in remembrance of Brock. I dressed Wyatt in this super cute Whitetail Deer super warm sleeper. This thing has antler, a tail, and even little deer feet! Unfortunately it was so cold and when we were done Macie took it off him immediately so I wasn't able to get a picture but he looked so darn cute! My Aunt Linda and Uncle John brought everything for us all to have hot chocolate and doughnuts. My mom's friend Kip brought a couple awesome heaters to help with the freezing cold and all Nathan and Brock's friends that could make it came to decorate the Christmas tree and have some treats. It was a little windy which made it seem a lot colder but it definetly wasn't nearly as cold as last year so we were grateful for that. My mom asked me to say a prayer around the Christmas tree which of course I bawled through but it was really special to have so many friends and family there to remember Brock. Things will never be the same but over time I hope and pray that the hurt will lighten and all of us (my parents especially) can find peace.
After all the festivities with my family we headed up to Jordan's parent's house. Everyone was able to get together so that was really nice. There was some last minute gift wrapping, I dressed Wyatt in a super cute Santa's Little Helper sleeper, we all watched a movie, and then headed to bed excited for Christmas morning. Craig and Kelly made Macie wait until at least 8:00 am before she could wake everyone up which was perfect timing because Wyatt woke up just before she came in to get us.
Wyatt's gift opening was pretty simple. Jordan or I would rip a little bit so he could grab it easier and he'd move his hand back and forth hitting it. Then I'd finish opening his gift. That sums it up pretty good. I basically had three times as many gifts to open because this little boy is spoiled! For little Wyatt's first Christmas he made out with his first basketball hoop, a Carhart jacket, a bunch of educational DVD's and books, and tons of clothes! Jordan's parent's and Kelly's parent's in Ohio pitched in together and got us a BBQ Grill (we've been using one of those little dinky ones you can take camping), I got Jordan sort of a random bunch of gifts like a new hat, and some camo swimming shorts and Jordan got me a Kitchenaid!
Christmas Eve came around and Jordan, Wyatt, and I decided to spend most of it with my family. Christmas Eve has come to have a lot of significance for us so we went down and all had a nice lunch together at my Grandpa Sato's house in Idaho Falls. I made some awesome elk steaks in the crock pot! Seriously, I'd tried a few different times to get these steaks just right and I finally nailed it! Jordan even went as far as to say they were perfect : ) After lunch we all went down to the Shelley Skate Park and set up a Christmas tree in remembrance of Brock. I dressed Wyatt in this super cute Whitetail Deer super warm sleeper. This thing has antler, a tail, and even little deer feet! Unfortunately it was so cold and when we were done Macie took it off him immediately so I wasn't able to get a picture but he looked so darn cute! My Aunt Linda and Uncle John brought everything for us all to have hot chocolate and doughnuts. My mom's friend Kip brought a couple awesome heaters to help with the freezing cold and all Nathan and Brock's friends that could make it came to decorate the Christmas tree and have some treats. It was a little windy which made it seem a lot colder but it definetly wasn't nearly as cold as last year so we were grateful for that. My mom asked me to say a prayer around the Christmas tree which of course I bawled through but it was really special to have so many friends and family there to remember Brock. Things will never be the same but over time I hope and pray that the hurt will lighten and all of us (my parents especially) can find peace.
After all the festivities with my family we headed up to Jordan's parent's house. Everyone was able to get together so that was really nice. There was some last minute gift wrapping, I dressed Wyatt in a super cute Santa's Little Helper sleeper, we all watched a movie, and then headed to bed excited for Christmas morning. Craig and Kelly made Macie wait until at least 8:00 am before she could wake everyone up which was perfect timing because Wyatt woke up just before she came in to get us.
Wyatt's gift opening was pretty simple. Jordan or I would rip a little bit so he could grab it easier and he'd move his hand back and forth hitting it. Then I'd finish opening his gift. That sums it up pretty good. I basically had three times as many gifts to open because this little boy is spoiled! For little Wyatt's first Christmas he made out with his first basketball hoop, a Carhart jacket, a bunch of educational DVD's and books, and tons of clothes! Jordan's parent's and Kelly's parent's in Ohio pitched in together and got us a BBQ Grill (we've been using one of those little dinky ones you can take camping), I got Jordan sort of a random bunch of gifts like a new hat, and some camo swimming shorts and Jordan got me a Kitchenaid!
This picture is supposed to be Wyatt "opening presents."
Mama and the Little Helper : )
After the morning festivities of opening gifts we all got ready and headed to Ashton for more Christmas fun. There was quite a bit of family that came to Grandma and Grandpa Knapp's for Christmas so that was awesome to see everyone again. Wyatt fell asleep on the way there and was still sleeping when we finally got there so I just put him in a back bedroom until he woke up. Well little man woke up and Great Grandma Shirleen heard him so she scooped him up and brought him downstairs. We were all gathered in a circle around the room getting ready to play some games. Well as soon as Grandma brought him down half the room lighted up with joy when they saw this handsome fella. Many of the women and little cousins declared they wanted to hold him first and some even rushed over to Grandma to snatch him, one aunt even succeeded in taking him from Grandma. Well, let's just say little man got overwhelmed because after only maybe 10 seconds of that he burst into tears. It was a little cute and a little sad at the same time. I don't think he'd woken up all the way yet and he was probably a little hungry but mostly I think it was a mixture of not quite being awake yet and getting overwhelmed. I took him upstairs where there was much less chaos, fed him a little, then made our way back downstairs where he was his normal happy self.
There was plenty of super yummy food complete with Grandma's rolls, ham, turkey, salad, and a lot more tasty food. I definetly got my fill of Christmas food. It was awesome! We had a little scare after everyone was done eating though. A cousin's little girl Ollie was standing next to me eating turkey when I heard someone say, "She's choking!" I looked around the room and see little Ollie next to me looking like she was gagging but not really hearing her breathing much. I have no idea where it came from, maybe new-panicing-motherly instincts but I grabbed her, laid her on my leg and started wacking her back to try and force the turkey up. Long story short, an uncle got the turkey out and little Ollie acted like nothing was ever wrong but boy did she sure give everyone that was in the room a good scare. Everyone seriously froze. I looked around after and some were in tears just from being so scared, not knowing what to do. It definetly was a scary moment. So grateful for Uncle Corbett and his EMT training!
After stuffing our faces full and playing a game half of the cousins, Jordan and his siblings included, headed off to the church to play some volleyball and basketball. I don't think the Knapp family can go through a family gathering without playing some sports. And playing for quite a long time too. I think they were all at the church until almost 10:00 pm! Kelly, Kendra, Craig, Wyatt, and I ended up going back before Jordan, Dustin, Macie, Dane, and Corey just because it had already gotten late and who knows how long these Knapp's will play basketball.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!


No comments:
Post a Comment