Wednesday, October 30, 2013

{ 6 Months Old }

    Well it looks like another month has come and gone and my little man is still getting bigger and bigger everyday! I mean I tell the kid to stop but he won't listen...j/k! But seriously...6 months old! Holy moly! I was looking on facebook at all the month-by-month pictures of Wyatt and I can't believe how much he's changed! And that's just how much he's physically changed. Other developements include a little bit of rolling. Or should I say, a roll...ha ha! He rolled two different times. Once when he was 5 months, 1 week and 1 day old he rolled from his belly to his back. And then one other time a few days before he turned 6 months old he rolled from his belly to his back once. Only one roll but we'll take it! And the look on his face when he actually completed the roll was so cute. This surprised little look like, "What just happened mom?" So cute!
 
Once in awhile he'll be nursing (sometimes I'm on my phone when he nurses to help keep me awake), I'll be on my phone, it'll feel like he stopped nursing, I'll look down, and I'll see my sweetheart not eating but rather looking up at me with a huge grin spread across his little face. He'll be smiling at me for a couple seconds then hurry back to eating like he just got caught or something. It's so cute and so funny!
 
He's slowly starting to sleep longer at night. He'll usually eat one last time before bedtime around 7:00-7:30 pm. Sometimes he'll fuss a little bewteen 2:00-3:00 am but I'll give him back his binky and rock him in the cradle a little then he falls right back asleep. Then he wakes up hungry between 4:30-5:30 am which is perfect because that's usually when I need to get up, or shortly before I need to get up to start getting ready for work. So then I'll feed him and sit him in his bouncer seat and he just sits in it and watches me get ready for work in the bathroom. His little eyes get super big when I use the blow dryer too! Funny guy!
 
Wyatt hasn't gotten any teeth yet but I think we're getting closer to the dreaded "teething" phase. He's even more drooly lately and if I put my finger in his mouth he'll grab a hold of my hand and move his head from side to side so that my finger rubs against his bottom gum. Or if I hold his binky in his mouth he'll grab a hold of my hand and do the same thing. Lately he's even started holding his binky himself and chewing on it.
 
He's been a really good natured, happy baby from day one but lately he's been giggling more and more. Macie was playing with him one night in the kitchen and he kept on giggling at her. It was super cute! I sure love his little giggle! It seems like if somethings makes him giggle one day the next time it does absolutely nothing. Funny!
 
He LOVES his jumper! And when I say that he loves his jumper he doesn't stay in it for long periods of time, but when he's in it he is just a little jumping bean. I swear this kid gets some serious air in it! I didn't know it was possible to get this much air in a jumper? But it's definitely come in handy for mama. He'll chill in his jumper while I'm doing the dishes, laundry, or whatever it is.
 
We've noticed if he's awake he has to have someone in view at all times or else he lets you know how much he doesn't like it...vocally too!
 
5 Months, 1 Day...I just liked his outfit
 
5 Months, 5 Days...trying to roll over...he can get his bottom torso over but still gets stuck on his shoulder
5 Months, 6 Days...my lil' skeleton baby : )
 

5 Months, 5 Days...trying on Halloween hats
 

hangin' out with Grandpa Craig
5 Months, 1 Week, 4 Days...Wyatt's really been liking to chew on our fingers lately...still no teeth though
 
5 Months, 1 Week, 5 Days

5 Months, 2 Weeks, 6 Days...ready for church!

    5 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days...hangin' out with Uncle Nathan while having lunch with the family
    6 Months Old!
    I didn't think it was possible to love my sweetheart more each day but I totally do. Each day I look at him and think of how lucky I am to call myself his mama. How lucky I am to get to have him in my life and completely light up my life with his beautiful smile and personality. Seriously, I wonder what did I do to deserve such a wonderful son? One thing I know for sure. I love Wyatt!

No comments:

Post a Comment