Thursday, October 3, 2013

{ 5 Months Old }

It's official. We have a "talker" on our hands now. Wyatt started "talking" between 4 and 4 1/2 months old and the lil' cutie hasn't stopped since. At first he just started making a few random sounds, nothing really consistent. Then I think he really noticed how all of us would try to mimic the sounds he would do and that really seemed to get him going. By 5 months he'd started to make these long, drawn out sounds that almost remind me of singing. He'll start to make a sound and I'll be waiting a few seconds for him to stop and catch his breath. It's so darn cute! Oh funny story for ya, usually in the mornings if he wakes up right before or during the time that I'm getting ready for work I'll put him in his bouncer by the bathroom door or even in the bathroom with me. Well one morning he was "talking" and I was trying to get it on video. He made a few sounds, stops, a couple seconds go by, then I hear these rumbling sounds coming from that little bum of his. Maybe it's babies in general but my little man appears to be a rather loud pooper/tooter. He suddenly starts pooping in the middle of me recording him "talking!" It was hilarious! I watched the video later and you can totally hear him pooping in the video. Priceless! That's definitely a keeper for future opportunities to present itself : ) Anyways, the little sounds he makes are super cute! It really started making me excited for his first "word."
 
Dr. M. wasn't concerned about anything at his 4 month appointment. He's a happy, healthy little boy. Emphasis on the "little" part : ) At his 4 month appointment he got some more shots unfortunately. By the time the nurse came in to give him the shots he was already getting tired and ready for a nap so needless to say when he actually got the shots it was definitely time for a nap. It took a few extra minutes to get him to calm down afterwards too. Note to self: make sure little man gets a nap in right before his next appointment. It is just so hard to see him crying like that. Not knowing what's going on and why this is happening to him has got to be scary, yet, the only thing I can do to even remotely help is to cuddle and love on him. Hmmm...will it ever get any easier on the mommy? I had been told by other mommys, nurses, and even Dr. M. that he would react the same as the first round of shots, if not better. And that's exactly what happened, until Sunday came. The rest of Friday and Saturday he was completely fine. Acted like his happy, silly, normal self. He was even fine Sunday morning. Then we go to church and he starts to stir a little half way through sacrament so I hold him and give him a bottle. Well as church is progressing and we get into Sunday School he did not want to sit down so we go walking the halls. By the time we got into Young Women's it was only 15 minutes before he started to full on cry and yell. At first I really didn't think it was the shots because he acted nothing like this last time. But the more I thought about it that's what it had to have been because he'd been changed and fed. He was tired but not THAT tired! So looks like he did react to the shots, it was just 2 days later. My poor little guy. I felt terrible. I just kept thinking over and over again, "I'm the mommy I'm supposed to be able to fix this." As soon as we got home I gave him some tylenol and that definitely helped a ton! Love that stuff! Later that day you could tell when the tylenol was wearing off because he started to get cranky and hurting all over again so we made sure to stay on top of the tylenol but I still felt terrible. By Monday he was fine which I was super thankful for because Anna was watching him that day and I didn't want him to be hurting and sad when myself, Jordan, or even my mom couldn't be the one watching him.

Wyatt has definitely outgrown all of his newborn clothes but is still wearing all 0-3 month or 3 month clothes. Most of those size clothing still fits him but there are a few onesies and sleepers that are getting a little small for him. And I just have to say how much I don't like sleepers that have all those buttons on them! During the day I don't mind them but in the middle of the night when I'm half asleep it's rather difficult to get all those buttons done up, let alone when you add in how much he kicks his little legs. The word "rodeo" comes to mind when I think about changing his diaper these days : ) Wyatt is also still in size 1 diapers and thankfully we haven't had hardly any messes. And man does that little boy like his changing table. The only time he's not smiling, kicking, and "talking" when he's on his changing table is if he's hungry and even at that he's got to really be hungry to be fussy. It's kind of in the corner by a window so he'll just look out the window most of the time.

Little man hasn't started rolling yet but by 4 months he could roll onto his side from his back and then a couple weeks later it looked like he was trying so hard to make it onto his stomach but after a few minutes he'd give up. It was pretty cute actually. It almost looked like he was tring to whip both is legs over to try and roll the rest of the way over but couldn't quite make it all the way. He's gotten to like tummy time a little bit more but after a few minutes he starts to get fussy. I put him on his tummy on his boppy one day and he started kicking and wiggling so much that he got himself high-centered on the top of it! After a bit more kicking he finally got himself over the rest of the way so he was on his tummy just on the floor but man was it funny!

Wyatt's been drooling more and more over the last couple months but still no sign of teething. He likes to put things in his mouth (of course right) even though he doesn't really chew on them much. Mostly I find him grabbing his bib or a burp cloth and will use both hands to bring it up to his mouth. Some other things like a rattle and one of those teethers you can put in the fridge to get cold he'll put in his mouth and chew a bit but usually not for very long. I keep checking to see if there's anything coming in but I'm always wrong. Unless they're going up and down I guess? I've heard a lot of babies have that happen. I also heard that the bottom two come in first, usually between 6-10 months, then the top two between 8-12 months. Someone also told me that later is better for babies to get teeth because if they start getting their teeth early they tend to not be as healthy? I don't know if it's true. I just thought it was interesting.

17 Weeks, 4 Days

17 Weeks, 4 Days....this is how he fell asleep on our walk that day
17 Weeks, 4 Days...when he got himself high-centered on his boppy
17 Weeks, 5 Days...he started to really be able to grasp onto things...and of course they all went straight into his mouth
17 Weeks, 5 Days...I believe this was the morning that I tried to get a video of him "talking" and ended up getting a video of him pooping instead : )
17 Weeks, 6 Days...loved his little outfit for church
18 Weeks, 6 Days...day after his shots and just as happy as ever
18 Weeks, 6 Days...naptime with daddy
19 Weeks, 1 Day...he started to fall asleep in his bouncer when he was watching me get ready for work one morning
19 Weeks, 4 Days...I just liked his cute outfit
19 Weeks, 4 Days...I look terrible...focus on my cute little Wyatt in his hunting hat : )

19 Weeks, 5 Days...he's ready to go fishing with Uncle Du...thanks Aunt Vicki for the hat!

19 Weeks, 6 Days...hangin' out with daddy Sunday morning...Jordan was crossing his fingers Wyatt didn't spit up when I was taking this photo...ha ha!

19 Weeks, 6 Days...he's been making this face a lot lately...it cracks me up!


5 Months Old!

I still can't believe how fast my little sweetheart is growing up! It feels like just yesterday he came into our lives but he's already 5 months old. Craziness! I just love watching Jordan play and interact with Wyatt too! I think it is the cutest thing to see how their relationship is growing and how Wyatt has completely wrapped Jordan around his little finger. He's always calling him his "little buddy" and saying, "You know how much I love you?" Aw...it just melts my heart! I sure love my two boys : )

No comments:

Post a Comment