My little man turned 4 months old on Labor Day. I seriously can't believe it! All parents say how fast they grow up and I can definitely agree with them all. I don't think I really comprehended exactly how fast everyone meant when they kept saying that but it blows my mind how fast. I guess that's somehing that you really just can't comprehend until you have a child of our own. Not just that but it amazes me how fast babies learn things. Even things that most people think of as being simple.
Over the last month Wyatt has definitely been getting bigger. He's no longer fitting in any of his newborn clothes. Sad day when I started making a pile of them to put in storage : ( He's still wearing all 0-3 month or 3 month clothes but a few are starting to get a little too short. Size 1 diapers still seem to fit him pretty well even though I think he's over the weight limit they recommend for them. We have had a couple little leaks but nothing out of the ordinary really.
When it comes to his little neck I can't decide how I feel about it. On his 3 month post I said it felt like he was starting to revert back to his comfortable positioning for his neck but now I feel like he's doing better. I guess you could say I'm at least going back and forth with it. His neck is definitely a lot stonger than when he was first born. A girl I went to school with messaged me on facebook and said that her daughter actually had the same condition with her neck when she was born too. Her brother noticed it early on and she began taking her to physical therapy once a week for two months and it completely corrected the problem. She knows things to watch for in case her daughter tries to revert back but we both went to school with a girl that had the exact same condition. However, with her, it never got addressed so her neck is now permanently positioned that way. The girl I went to school with that told me her daughter had the same issue said that since it never got addressed with the other girl we went to school with it basically calicified to the point that she can no longer move her neck really at all. Honestly, that got me more concerned but I was happy to hear that it can be completely corrected to the point that we won't have to worry about it. I'm really interested to see what Dr. M. says about his neck at his 4 month appointment. I feel like Wyatt's neck has come a long way but if Dr. M. feels like physical therapy is the best answer to ensure that it gets corrected then that's for sure what we're going to be doing.
His eating habits have been the same. Still seeming to be hungry every 3-4 hours. I'm so so glad he's adapted so well to the bottle but will still nurse when I have him. He usually will take a bottle 3-4 times during the day while I'm at work Monday-Thursday then after work, during the night, and on weekends he nurses. I wasn't ever nervous about whether or not he'd take the bottle but I was nervous that he'd start to prefer the bottle and not want to nurse anymore. So glad that didn't happen. And on the topic of nursing. I'm super grateful that I'm able to nurse Wyatt. One of Jordan's cousins basically can't produce enough milk to feed her little guy so she's had to start him strictly on formula. Not saying that it's a bad choice, she just really really wanted him to be able to get breastmilk and nurse him. I'm very grateful my body has allowed me to continue to breastfeed Wyatt and that he's able to get enough milk. Also on the topic of feeding. Any mommy's out there have troubles with their little ones and spitting up? We haven't officially gotten the word that Wyatt has reflux and he doesn't spit up large amounts every time he eats just once in awhile he does that. But he'll still be spitting up some even up to two hours after he's eaten even though he's still eating every 3-4 hours. I know babies spit up a lot but that seems a little odd to me. And usually if he spits up more than just a bit it's when he just nursed. Usually he doesn't after he takes a bottle. I suppose it could still just be something I'm eating.
Wyatt has definitely been changing, growing, and overall just developing a lot over the last month. He started trying to sit up more on his own. Not from laying on the floor to sitting up but if I have him propped up on a pillow a little he'll bring his head forward and try to sit up the rest of the way. In fact, a couple times he's gotten pretty close to sitting up the rest of the way on his own. It's kind of funny actually. He'll try to do it a couple times until it seems like he gets tired enough and he'll quit. I call it his crunch time cause it looks like he's trying to do some little crunches : ) As far as rolling over goes he can get onto his side a little bit but that's as much progress as we've gotten in that area. Once I saw him almost try to whip both his legs to the side and he got a little more onto that side but it only lasted a couple seconds.
My little Wyatt has such a sweet personality. I absolutely love how he's a snuggly little guy and still likes to cuddle when it's time for a nap or to go to sleep. Whenever someone comes up to him, smiles and starts talking to him he'll smile and sort of curl his little legs up to his chest. It kind of makes Jordan and I laugh because often times when he does smile at people he'll turn his head slightly and bury it into either his hands or my chest as if he's bashful. It's pretty darn cute!
I've been trying to put Wyatt in his little bumbo-type chair with the toy ring around it. I think that's also been helping strengthen his neck. He likes it pretty good but it only holds his attention for maybe 20 minutes. He's still a little bit of a bobble-head so I like to stick next to him in case. I think once his neck and shoulder muscles are stronger he'll like it better.
 |
| 12 Weeks, 2 Days Old...swinging in the backyard |
 |
| 12 Weeks, 2 Days Old |
 |
| 12 Weeks, 2 Days Old...lookin' all stylish in mommy's glasses :) |
 |
the expression on his face reminds me of the grandpa in the movie Up
13 Weeks Old |
 |
| 13 Weeks, 1 Day Old |
 |
| 13 Weeks, 2 Days Old...look at that lil' smile |
 |
| love his little giggly face |
 |
| 13 Weeks, 4 Days Old |
 |
| 14 Weeks, 1 Day Old...takin' a little ride in Aunt Macie's doll stroller |
 |
| 14 Weeks, 4 Days Old |
 |
14 Weeks, 4 Days Old
14 Weeks, 6 Days Old...cute little church oufit : ) |
 |
| 15 Weeks, 3 Days Old...this is what daddy dresses Wyatt in when he babysits |
 |
| and this is what Wyatt and daddy do when daddy babysits : ) |
 |
| 15 Weeks, 4 Days Old...he's gotten a lot stronger with his neck |
 |
15 Weeks, 4 Days Old...notice the onesie?
15 Weeks, 4 Days Old...well Wyatt what big eyes you have |
 |
| 15 Weeks, 4 Days Old...just chillin' in my chair |
 |
| 15 Weeks, 6 Days Old....tummy time on daddy |
 |
15 Weeks, 6 Days Old...at Hunter's baby blessing...love this picture of my sweet boy!
Wyatt 4 months Old (1 day short) & Hunter 4 Weeks Old....so stinkin' cute!
Lyndsey & I with our handsome boys |
 |
| 4 Months Old! |
I still can't believe my sweetheart is already 4 months old! Each day he's changing, growing, and developing more and more before my very eyes. It's an exciting thing, yet, at the same time it makes me a little sad. My little boy will soon not be so little anymore. I thank Heavenly Father each and every single day for sending us such a precious, silly, happy little boy. I'm one blessed mommy : )
No comments:
Post a Comment