Just a quick announcement I wanted to make...
I finished my carseat cover!!!
Wyatt is only 5 weeks old! Ha ha! Ya the plan was of course to have it done before Wyatt came but obviously that didn't happen. But I have finally finished it. And here it is...
complete with a window and everything...
the colors I chose were a turquoise, golden yellow, and a light grey pattern for the inside
I found the tutorial on Pinterest but here is the link for it. I followed the tutorial exactly and it turned out really really well but for next time I think I'm going to do a few steps in a different order than what the tutorial recommended.
For example after making the straps I would pin them onto the canopy itself to get a better idea of where you want to sew them on so that there's the same amount of fabric hanging on the front and the back of the carseat (on mine there's more fabric hanging off the front than the back). While your cover is hanging onto your carseat I would get a rough idea and even mark approximately where you want your window to be. And finally I would cut out your window first, then make the flap for it. I made the flap first like the tutorial said to then the window and came to find out that my flap was too small for the window I cut out so I had to remake my flap not once, but twice! Little frustrating but it all still turned out really well. And another tip, I would suggest making the flap at least an inch and a half longer than the window so that it covers it better. Mine is almost an inch longer I think and with how loose the fabric is for this kind of project it doesn't cover the window very well so I added a really small piece of velcro in the middle of the flap and in the middle of the cover itself (you can kind of see the small piece of velcro in the second picture).
FYI: Wyatt's 1 month post will be coming soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment