Monday, June 17, 2013

{ 1 Month Old }

It seems like when a new baby comes into the world mother's always ask, "Where has the time gone?" Here I am asking the same question. "Where has the time gone?" It's already been a month since my precious little sweetheart has come into my life and it seems to have gone by in the blink of an eye. He's already so different from when he was first born. As exciting as it is to see him learning new things, seeing some of his personality come out, and growing into himself it secretly still makes me a little sad. Why can't my little man stay my little man?

At his 2 week appointment he was weighing in at 7 lbs 1 oz so he'd passed his birth weight. He shrank a little and was at 20 1/4 inches long (he had a slight cone head when he was born). Wyatt is still wearing newborn clothes and newborn diapers. I put a onesie on him that was a 0-3 month old onesie and there had to have been an extra 3 inches of it hanging off of him. I just have a little guy on my hands : )

Over the last month Wyatt has definitely gotten stronger with his neck and legs. He's still my little bobble-head but is able to hold his head up on his own for a few seconds. Jordan thinks it's a little funny because often times he starts to move his head a certain direction but since his neck muscles aren't strong enough it's almost like he gets going one direction and can't figure out how to get his head back to where it was. Now, with his legs I have to be a little more careful because if I lay him on my lap he gets his little legs going and will push against my stomach and literally push himself so that his head is hanging off my knees. The first time he did that it made me jump a little in fear. For awhile he is perfectly content laying on the couch looking around. He's constantly looking towards a window or any light that's in the room. He's definitely his daddy's boy though. Often times he'll start to get really restless and need to change positions or else the crying starts. However, it's actually really funny because most of the time he doesn't actually cry. He lets out more of a little whine. I kind of think it sounds a lot like a sheep when he lets out this little whine of his : ) Wyatt's been awake a lot more during the day also. Even when he starts to yawn and showing he's tired it seems like he fights going to sleep. Apparently he doesn't want to miss out on anything going on around him.

It's a little mind blowing to me how much he's physically grown and learned. My little man is even starting to roll a little. He doesn't do it often but once in awhile we've caught him getting onto his side. Jordan's dad said that when Jordan was a baby he went straight from being completely stationary to walking. No crawling even happened. Hmmm...not sure how I feel about that. I should probably prepare myself for if Wyatt literally walks in his daddy's footsteps (ha ha...like play on words there?)

Whenever Wyatt is a little fussy but has already been fed and had his diaper changed, I've discovered he likes to have his back and sides rubbed. That really seems to calm him down. Often times if he's fussy and I come into the room and start talking he'll turn his head in my direction and calm down as well. Honestly that makes me feel really good. Like gives me a warm fuzzy feeling kind of good. My sweet boy knows who his mommy is : )

Eating wise he seems to get hungry every 3-4 hours so as far as how many times I get up with him throughout the night he usually wakes up between 3-4 and then between 7-8. When he wakes up between 3-4 he usually falls back asleep within minutes after I burp him but I think he's definitely his daddy's boy because when he wakes up to eat between 7-8 he's usually wide awake and ready for the day after that. I think I have another early riser on my hands : ) Definitely didn't get that from me. Mama's a night owl. I've read a bunch of articles and opinions from other mothers and a lot of them have said it's important to get your newborn into the routine of falling asleep where they actually sleep, not in your arms while you're holding them. That way they don't come to expect that and can fall asleep much easier. Hmmm...I have mixed feelings about that but we've been trying for the last couple days. Day one was rough. Literally waking up crying almost every 10 minutes. Day two went better. Wyatt slept much longer in his cradle than the day before and even soothed himself back to sleep after only a couple minutes. The downside to this theory of sleeping. I love love love cuddle time with my sweetheart! And I definitely don't mind when he falls asleep in my arms : ) He definitely sleeps better when he's being held and is just a little cuddle bug. Love it! A guy Jordan works with, his wife just had a baby and their baby apparently hates to cuddle! Ugh...how terrible would that be? I'm sure glad I have a cuddler! My favorite is when he falls asleep on my chest : )

Wyatt absolutely hates it when he gets his diaper changed! I'd say 8 times out of 10 he just cries through til that last button on his clothes is buttoned back up. I always feel so bad and soothing him sometimes works but only for a few seconds then he's back to crying. Very few times so far has he been completely calm when he gets his diaper changed. A lot of the time when I have to change him in the middle of the night and he's clearly not happy about it, Jordan will get up and comfort him while I'm finishing changing him which is definitely helpful and Wyatt does calm down when Jordan does that. He especially calms down when someone is holding his hands while he's being changed. Oh, and until the last week or so he completely hated getting bathed. Okay I'll admit the first time I bathed him the water was a smidge on the cold side. I was a little paranoid about scorching him. However, the last time I bathed him he honestly seems to love it! I got him all clean and there was no crying or even fussing at all. The entire time he was just looking all around him enjoying the warm water. I wonder how similar it felt to when he was in my tummy? Because he was so much more content compared to that first time I bathed him.

Warning: Many many pictures to follow...

1 Day Old!
2 Days Old...finally going home!
3 Days Old...cute little man of mine!
3 Days Old...first bath at home...he didn't like it much
3 Days Old...sour face expression
slight side smile


4 Days Old...snuggle time with mama
5 Days Old
6 Days Old
6 Days Old...he didn't seem to like the hat very much
10 Days Old
19 Days Old...after we took a little walk...love his duck face!
19 Days Old
love all his expressions
2 1/2 Weeks Old
2 1/2 Weeks Old
3 Weeks, 1 Day Old...I'd say he was a little hungry : )
3 Weeks, 2 Days Old
3 Weeks, 2 Days Old...see that slight hint of a smile?
love me some snuggle time : )
1 Month Old!
love this close up of my little man : )
I'm completely mind blown that my sweetheart is already a month old. Parent's always comment on how fast kids grow up and now I am saying that same thing myself. Within this last month Wyatt has developed and changed so much. It's exciting, yet makes me a little sad at the same time. My little boy is already growing up : ( I can only imagine how much more he's going to develop over the next month. Ahhh...make it stop! j/k

I knew there would be a ridiculous amount of hormones racing around after I had Wyatt and I've truly gone through several rollercoasters of emotions over the last month. I'll be feeding him or he'll be laying on the couch wide awake and suddenly I'll start tearing up and crying. Half the time it's almost like I get struck with a huge wave of complete love for my sweet boy. I'll look at him and realize that he's all mine, he's more precious than I could imagine, and how he has completely stolen my heart. How much love I have for my son is absolutely indescribable. When that wave hits me every ounce of love I have in me for Wyatt pours out. Often times I've even felt this extreme sense of protection towards Wyatt that makes me just want to hold him that much closer to me.

The other half of the time that I start crying when I look at my sweet boy is out of complete and utter fear. I suddenly become terrified that I'm going to do something wrong to hurt him. That I truly have absolutely no clue what I'm doing and I'm going to completely screw something up to the point that it's going to hurt my sweet boy. Just writing this part of this post is making me tear up a little. I just have to keep telling myself what Jordan keeps telling me and that I am a new mom, that nobody is perfect, and no parent makes every right decision.

I don't know everything when it comes to parenting. But one thing I know for sure...I love my sweet boy more than words can describe!

Happy 1 Month Birthday Wyatt!!!

Love,

           Mommy

1 comment:

  1. He's such a cutie!! Congrats!! Don't ya just love bein a mommy :)

    ReplyDelete