I have three words for you, "Yay for Pinterest!" I needed to make a treat for mutual this last Tuesday and couldn't decide what to make. I wanted to make something fun and I love to try making new desserts so I hopped on Pinterest and searched through all the desserts I'd saved and found these tasty little things...
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies
Adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
9x13 pan of brownies, baked and cooled
1/4 cup salted butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 & 1/4 cups pretzel m&m's
Directions:
1. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugars, and continue creaming until light and fluffy, about 1 minute more. Add the milk and vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add the flour, and continue to mix at low speed until fully combined. Stir in the m&m's.
2. Spoon the cookie dough onto the cooled brownies and spread gently into an even layer. Slice into squares, and prepare for your life to change.
~~~ I followed the recipe exactly except I didn't mix in the pretzel M & M's. I mean, look at those things, they're huge! And with how thick the peanut butter mixture ends up being it would have been rather tricky to mix all those in so instead I just placed them in a fun design on top. Oh and even though these things were a huge hit at mutual, and at work the next day, next time I think I'm going to use Reese's pieces. More peanut butter and much smaller than the pretzel M & M's so maybe they'll mix in decently? Anyways, enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment