Saturday, January 12, 2013

{ Blue It Is!!! }


How far along? 21 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain: Depends on who you ask. My doctor's office tells me I've only gained 1 pound since I found out I was expecting (I looked at my belly on that one and thought there's no way that's possible). The scale I use every morning at work tells me roughly 10 pounds. Don't seem to be gaining very much weight, just inches around the belly. But I absolutely love seeing my belly grow!
Maternity clothes? Nope, regular clothes still!
Stretch marks? No stretch marks, however, my stomach seems to be a lot more dry these days. Never had to lotion my belly before...weird!

Sleep: Sleep is still about the same. I've gotten used to rolling over slowly and that extra pillow under my belly is helping a ton. I'm not a full belly sleeper but once in awhile I will sleep half on my side, half on my belly so the extra pillow has been great to help me not do that.
Best moment this week: Definitely finding out what we're having!!! Yay for little Baby Jordan coming!!!

Miss Anything? Chips & salsa! I love love love chips and salsa but since I've gotten pregnant I can't seem to handle them. Not in the sense that they make me sick though. They just give me heartburn! Something I've never had before in my entire life. Even when I'd eat half a bag of chips and salsa! Bummer!
Movement: Definitely felt this little guy kick! Hard to describe but it almost feels similar to getting flicked by someone's finger. But this is from inside my belly instead of the outside : ) Then within the last week or so I've been able to feel some movement with my hand! I love that feeling! Very awesome moment when I realized it was probably the baby, not little gas bubbles : ) He he!
Food cravings: Tomatoes. Weird, I know! I've always liked tomatoes but not to the point that I'd grab one out of the fridge, add a little salt and eat it just like that (used to when I was a kid but haven't for years). And of course I still want some chips and salsa but I have to talk myself out of it because I know it won't feel very good if I do. Oh and peanut butter and honey sandwiches sound tasty these days.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still burger a little bit. And a little strange but the sound of someone spitting is not exactly music to my ears. Yuck!
Gender: BOY!!!

Labor Signs: No

Belly Button in or out? In but I can see it changing a little already.
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Still very happy and excited! I think I'm getting more and more paranoid about everything though. Throughout the day, with whatever I'm doing, I think to myself, "Was that right?" I guess mostly just worried I'm not doing everything I can for Baby Knapp.
Looking forward to: Working on a nursery for our little boy!!! Ya'll know how I love to decorate : )


The day we had our ultrasound to find out what we were having it was myself (duh right?), Jordan, my mom, and Jordan's mom in the ultrasound. As soon as the tech put it to my belly I knew it was a boy. Most of my pregnancy up until about a week or so before this ultrasound I had a feeling it was a boy but then I started to think to myself, "Now, do I really feel like it's a boy or do I just feel that way because I want it to be a boy?" So then everything about the possibility of it being a girl starts to run through my mind. 
 
Honestly all of us, myself especially, got a little nervous during the ultrasound because at one point the tech kept saving this one specific image and placing 3 arrows towards a faint object in image. He did this with two separate images he'd saved, it still being the same image, and then says, "Excuse me one moment." What? Excuse you for what exactly? My heart sunk a bit and about a million scenarios rushed through my mind in the matter of maybe 2 minutes he was gone. "What's wrong? Is my baby healthy? Could one of his organs possibly not be completely formed? What were all those arrows pointing to anyways?" You name it, I probably wondered about it. Then he comes back and simply says, "Sorry, I had to take care of some business." At that point I wanted to say, "What business? Did you have to pee or something?" Apparently there wasn't anything wrong with our little boy but man did he sure freak me out. Anyways, I teared up a bit when the tech confirmed that it was a boy. I guess at that point I was getting an overwhelming feeling that this little boy is chosen specifically for Jordan and I. That he is chosen not only from Heavenly Father but that after Brock was taken so suddenly from us this is maybe a little bit of him coming back.


May 23rd, 2013 here we come!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So excited for you guys :) May just cant get here fast enough huh?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I loved reading that! I have also felt like it was a boy since you told us you were expecting. (Maybe a little weird...) But then you said how you felt like maybe it was a little bit of Brock coming back, and I have felt like that, too. :) I'm so excited for you guys! (And maybe a little bit jealous... but hopefully we'll get our boy eventually.) !an't wait to see you and your cute belly-hopefully sooner than later! love you!

    ReplyDelete