Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Why Did The Moose Cross The Road?

A few days ago Jordan went to play basketball at the church one morning. He came home at the usual time of about 8:00 a.m. and tried to wake me up. Well of course I was not about to wake up early if I didn't have to. That is until he mentions that there's moose by the haystack. That sure lit a fire under me and next thing I know I'm in the car at 8:00 a.m. to drive by the haystack to see these moose. Sure enough we found these...


And this big guy too...


I just took these pictures from the road but the haystack that the 3 moose are standing by is on the left side of our house. 

I thought it was pretty perfect that there's this little family of moose eating by our house. There's a mom, dad, brother, and sister! Jordan thinks that smaller bull is about a year old and it appeared that the big bull was keeping watch from the ditch ; )

Then all 4 moose began to attempt to cross the road. Now why did the moose cross the road?

 
Honestly...I'm still puzzled by that question. I mean, there's obviously food on our side of the road so unless there's something I'm missing about the other side of the road those moose just felt like takin' a  morning stroll. The big bull actually came out of the ditch to try to cross the road with the others too but next thing you know the school bus comes driving down our road. These moose weren't too fond of a big yellow bus so the smaller bull about a year-old runs back onto our side of the road, hops, literally, hops the fence into our temporary pasture, then hops the other side of the fence of the temporary pasture closer by the house while the cow and the baby cow run along the temporary pasture going the same direction as the bus, they turn into our driveway, the baby cow slipped a few times, they ran right up to the fence of our yard, which is about 4 feet from our bedroom window, ran around the left side of my car back through the trees back by the haystack they were eating out of this morning.


And shortly after the other moose got spooked by the school bus, the bigger bull poked through the trees to see where everyone had gone...


You might have to look a little harder but trust me, he's in there. I was hoping he'd hop the fence too just cause I thought it was pretty crazy how they do that, but he turned around and went the easy route back to his family. Jordan couldn't believe I didn't get any pictures when they were running right by the window and I'm kinda bummed I didn't get any either but I was honestly too preoccupied watching them run around the driveway. Needless to say it was pretty awesome and Jordan decided that if he wants to get me up early, and not be grumpy, all he has to do is say there's moose in the yard because I hopped right out of bed : )

Here's a couple shots Jordan got when he was on the other side of the lake by our old house. This is one of the only reasons I miss living in that house...

I love moose!

No comments:

Post a Comment