Yes it is true...I graduated! Well I actually graduated about 3 weeks ago but despite graduating and supposedly having all this extra time on my hands because I wouldn't have a textbook sealed to my face with homework and studying it has actually been rather crazy around these parts so that is why I am just now getting around to a graduation post. Anyways, graduation day was crazy busy by itself because it started with me taking my history final in the testing center, then dropping off my final for Pediatric Nursing, selling my books back, then finally getting over to Jordan's parent's house to shower and get ready for graduation. I met up with Cherika and we decided to walk over together since after graduation that would be the last time I saw her for about 4 months if not longer : ( It's so weird to think we're both "going out into the real world" now and doing something with everything we've been learning for the past 4 years. It kind of makes me scared just because I hope I actually remember enough of everything to make a difference in my life, my future family's life, and the world in general. I hope I was able to retain as much of the information all my teacher's tried to shove into my brain so that I can feel like the last 4 years of my life with all the stress, emotions, and tears were really truly worth it. I've always thought having no regrets, or at least having as few regrets as possible in life is important so I think I'm just really trying to stick to that for myself. To be honest graduation wasn't as exciting as I'd always imagined it to be but I think a big part of why it didn't seem all that exciting was because my dad failed to be there along with everyone else on both my parent's side of the family and several other members of the family. I was just really hoping that it would all come together because everyone was supposedly so proud of me and loved me so much so that it would become one big celebration with everyone's support right by my side. Oops...crash and burn. And so many people wonder why I'm so independent all the time and refuse to ask for anyone's help, even if it's the slightest, most simple thing? Graduation proved why I am the way that I am.
However, there are a handful of very special people in my life that came to be there for me on this exciting day....
Grandma and Grandpa Knapp...thank you!
my two awesome brothers...Brock totally looks like Wolverine!
my fabulous mother...love her!
my father-in-law
and of course my wonderful husband
Despite all the disappointment, it was still a good day. Hopefully the next time I graduate it will be as an Ultrasound Technician and hopefully it will be ten times more exciting! All I know is.....I GRADUATED!





Congrats Danyel! You're amazing. I can't wait to join you in the graduated world! I didn't know you were going to be an ultrasound technician. Thats really awesome; I'm impressed :)
ReplyDelete