Monday, July 12, 2010

My Country Tis of Thee

In an attempt to procrastinate doing more homework I realized I hadn't written anything about our 4th of July this year! Jordan and I thought this year it would be all of his family and us at the fireworks since Kelly, Craig, Kendra, Macie, and Dustin had offically bought a house. Well, unfortunately a family friend back in Washington passed away so they rushed back to help with everything and go to the funeral and Jordan had work and I had school so we had to stay but got to spend the 4th with nearly ALL of Jordan's family, excluding Curt and his family, but including Chad and his family from Washington so needless to say there was quite the bunch of us gathered by the river. And this year they made it a rule that you can't stake out your spot then just come back shortly before the fireworks so we were there for like 9 hours or so but it was a blast because we played football, elephant ball, and had a BBQ!

eatin' snacks before the big show

Grandma & Grandpa Knapp...so cute!

all the family that came...minus Kelly, Craig, Kendra, Macie, & Curt's family

Honestly if I had to pick my top three favorite holidays I would choose Christmas, Halloween, and the 4th of July. I've loved the 4th ever since I can remember and if I'm being really honest I distinctly remember tearing up a lot when I was like 10 while watching the fireworks. This day always reminds me of just how blessed we all are to live in this great country and how many opportunities we have. In half the countries in this world today women are barely allowed out of the house, let alone be able to hold a job and attend a university. Maybe it's because my grandpa served in the Marines and my dad served in the Navy but around this time of the year my patriotism and gratitude just skyrockets. This country of ours is amazing, all the people who came before us that were so determined to take steps of change towards the better are brilliantly brave, and Heavenly Father is incredibly comforting to be with all of us every step of the way no matter what.

Happy 4th of July to all! God Bless Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment