Just an FYI this is a little venting session about a group speech I have to do so if you don't feel like hearing me complain I completely understand.
Anyways, I am taking a Public Speaking class this semester and it's only a 100 level class but my teacher decided to give us a 300 assignment of doing a Team Speech! Ugh...group work...what is up with that? I completely despise group work!!! You can't depend on anyone but yourself and taking that into consideration you, meaning me, end up doing a huge chunk of the work because you can't depend on anyone else and no one else has the guts to stand up, take the initiative, and be the leader in order to get things done which just further leads to you, meaning me, doing the majority of the work when you're already taking 15 credits, doing your internship everyday totaling anywhere from 20-25 hours per week, and working every Saturday and some Sundays so obviously you don't have any time to periodically meet with your group outside class whenever possible because by the time you'd be done meeting with your group it's 7:00 pm and you still have to drive 40 minutes back home, eat, shower, change, do other homework, clean up the house as much as possible, feed the dogs, and finally go to bed to do it all again the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes for the most part that paragraph was 1 sentence. I think my feelings towards group work were summed up pretty well and now everyone for the most part knows my schedule this semester. I'm really not as stressed as this post makes me sound I am just not a fan of group work at all but by next Wednesday at approximately 10:00 am it will all be over so everyone cross your fingers that no one gets hurt until then.
Anyways, I am taking a Public Speaking class this semester and it's only a 100 level class but my teacher decided to give us a 300 assignment of doing a Team Speech! Ugh...group work...what is up with that? I completely despise group work!!! You can't depend on anyone but yourself and taking that into consideration you, meaning me, end up doing a huge chunk of the work because you can't depend on anyone else and no one else has the guts to stand up, take the initiative, and be the leader in order to get things done which just further leads to you, meaning me, doing the majority of the work when you're already taking 15 credits, doing your internship everyday totaling anywhere from 20-25 hours per week, and working every Saturday and some Sundays so obviously you don't have any time to periodically meet with your group outside class whenever possible because by the time you'd be done meeting with your group it's 7:00 pm and you still have to drive 40 minutes back home, eat, shower, change, do other homework, clean up the house as much as possible, feed the dogs, and finally go to bed to do it all again the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes for the most part that paragraph was 1 sentence. I think my feelings towards group work were summed up pretty well and now everyone for the most part knows my schedule this semester. I'm really not as stressed as this post makes me sound I am just not a fan of group work at all but by next Wednesday at approximately 10:00 am it will all be over so everyone cross your fingers that no one gets hurt until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment