This post is a little overdue but better late than never right? Anyways, the last Sunday in June was a pretty nice day for the Knapp's. Not just because of the beautiful weather but because we had our sweet little Wyatt's baby blessing on Sunday.
To be honest I wanted to wait another 2 weeks until we blessed him. Just because I wanted to be extra safe when it came to taking him to church and out in public. However, Kelly's parent's were visiting from Ohio and this Sunday was the last Sunday they'd be in Idaho, making Wyatt one day short of being 7 weeks old. So Jordan and I decided we really wanted them to be able to be there for his blessing and we sure are glad we had it while they were still here.
Now I just have to say really quick how incredibly blessed Jordan, Wyatt, and I are. We have some incredible family members. I've always loved having big get-togethers, let alone when it's for a special occasion such as a baby blessing. My son's baby blessing. We had so much family make the drive clear out to lil' old Mud Lake to support us. It was truly touching and meant a great deal to us.
Honestly a big part of me wanted it to be Fast Sunday so I could bear my testimony of the Gospel and give thanks for all of the numerous blessings I have. My heart has just been pouring out with gratitude the last couple months. I'm so grateful for the Gospel. For the knowledge I have that families can be together forever. The amazing comfort it can bring. I can't express how grateful I've been for the comfort it's brought to my life. Especially since losing Brock. I'm grateful to be married to an amazing man that is worthy to give our son a beautiful blessing from our Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for the tender mercies our Heavenly Father gives. Being a new, young mother I've definitely been blessed with Heavenly Father's tender mercies. I'm incredibly grateful for my family as well as the wonderful family I was lucky enough to marry into. My mother is the strongest woman I've ever known and the last year and a half that has definitely been proven to me. Jordan's family is beyond incredible. I don't think I could have asked for better in-laws. Craig and Kelly, along with Dustin and Dane came by multiple times within the few weeks before Wyatt's blessing to help us get the house and yard ready to have everyone over. And that's not including Macie and Grandma Sally coming along to babysit for a bit so I could get some things done as well. That is just one of the many examples of how great Jordan's family is. I'm grateful for this great area that Jordan and I live in. Between the lake and having such a great view of the mountains the area is beautiful. What we love most about it is the people. This community is amazing and has been since our first Sunday at church when half the ward came up and welcomed us with open arms. Everyone is so warm-hearted and caring. It's truly like none other place I've ever been. One of the elderly ladies in our ward tapped Grandma Sally on the shoulder in church, asked if she was visiting, and began telling her about her family. Then as she was leaving with everyone another lady in our ward asked her if she was visiting and if she needed help finding a classroom. Grandma Sally practically raved with how nice everyone is. I not only agreed but added my own input as well. We love, love, love living out here! The few months before Jordan and I got married I was basically freaking out about where we were going to live when we got married and kept bugging Jordan that we needed to go looking for an apartment or something. He kept telling me not to worry, that everything would work out and be fine. All I kept saying was, "Ya but we still need to find somewhere to live." Next thing I know he gets a great job with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game who offers us a house to live in out in lil' old Mud Lake. Heavenly Father was definitely watching over us and could plainly see that I was worried and that we needed to be living in an area like Mud Lake. Honestly the list of things I'm grateful for could go on and on for quite awhile but I'll end with being eternally grateful for my little boy. I love my sweet Wyatt more than words can describe. Each time I look at him I wonder how my life was without him. Before Wyatt I never knew I could love someone as much as him. Don't get me wrong, I love Jordan like nothing else but loving a child is completely different. A love that really can't be described.
Anyways, after Wyatt's blessing everyone gathered at our house for a fun get-together and some lunch. Having so much of our family, totaling close to 40 people, was so great. Of course Wyatt made his rounds amongst all the female members of the family. He handled the entire day like a champ. During the blessing he made a itty bitty squeal once then spent the rest of sacrament being passed through the pews to half the family so he was happy, happy, happy. Then at our house he continued being passed around and was still pretty happy. I love hanging out and talking about anything and everything with all the family. I think I spent half the time chatting with Lyndsey and Hayley. Both are currently prego and looking super cute. Lyndsey is due August 4th and Hayley is due September 1st so they were wondering about my labor and delivery and some other things. Strangely enough I enjoy talking about my labor and delivery so that was just fine with me. I am so stinkin' excited for both of them though. I remember still being pregnant and getting to meet my visiting teacher's little boy in March. Oh did it get me more excited for my own little guy to get here so I know how Lyndsey and Hayley are feeling now. They're both going to be such good mothers. Both so caring and warm-hearted.

 |
| I love my little family! |
 |
| Love my two boys! |
 |
| My sweetheart in his little suit....such a stud! |
 |
| 4 generations on my side |
 |
| 4 generations of Knapp men |
Jordan and I are so incredibly grateful to all of our family that made the drive up to Mud Lake to support our little family on this special occasion. We are truly truly blessed!
 |
| Wyatt with Great Grandma Sally |
 |
| 4 generations with Kelly's parents |
No comments:
Post a Comment