Honestly words cannot express how grateful and blessed I've felt throughout this entire pregnancy let alone after having the most fun, amazing, beautiful baby shower I could have imagined! My beautiful mom DeNise and mother-in-law Kelly threw me the funnest baby shower this last Saturday and the entire time I felt a huge grin on my face. I've always loved having big get-togethers with family and friends, especially those that I don't get to see very often, but this occassion was even more special since it was to help celebrate a precious little life coming into the world.
My mom sent out a few dozen baby shower invitations...
And a few dozen guests is what we received! I honestly couldn't believe it! For where we were going to have the baby shower the thought of whether or not we'd have enough room did not even occur to me until the night before the shower when I was told there would be 6 more people coming! On my way there I seriously wondered if we'd have enough space for everyone, the cake, and the gift table?!
Luckily we had just enough chairs and got the party started. My friend since 7th grade Cherika was so amazing and made the 8 hour drive from Washington to come to my baby shower! Crissa that I've known since we were practically babies spent who knows how long making probably the coolest and most appropriate baby blanket I've ever seen! Jordan and my little boy may be fighting over this blanket, that's how awesome it is! Seriously, I have such amazing friends! And that's not even counting my aunt Vicki that crocheted a beautiful blessing blanket, my aunt Linda that made a very fitting cowboy blanket, grandma Shirleen made an also very appropriate sports blanket, and one of the girls from Macie's basketball team that Jordan coached made a blanket all by herself! She's 12-years-old! We received a ton of super cute and stylish clothes. Of course a good amount were camouflage and another good amount were sports themed. It's like everyone knows Jordan and I or something? j/k My good friend Briana made the coolest baby out of a onesie and some diapers stuffed into it! The thought of making something like that had never even crossed my mind. Everyone was pretty amazed by it. A cousin, Tanis made an awesome diaper cake, and another cousin got me the best diaper bag ever! My mom got us our crib, Kelly and Craig got us our car seat and stroller travel system, and grandma Brewster in Ohio got us a swing and bouncer set. My cousin Charity got pictures of almost every gift we received but to paint a little picture, there were nearly 200 photos on the memory card from the baby shower! We couldn't get all the gifts to fit in my car!
I was in complete awe the entire drive home. All my friends and family have been so kind and generous towards myself, Jordan, and our little boy. Thank you just doesn't seem to cover the gratitude I felt after my shower was over. On my way home I just kept thinking to myself, "Wow, I can't believe how blessed I am." And truly, I can't believe it. I hadn't even had my baby yet and I already felt like I was glowing from being so happy : ) I was really grateful for everyone being so excited and happy for us. Now that so many people have taken time to come to my baby shower, bring gifts, put in time, money, and effort making gifts, on top of being so excited for us. I'm just in awe. Heavenly Father sure knows who needs to be part of my life. I feel so incredibly blessed to have such genuine, kind hearted, warm, amazing people in my life. I wonder if my little boy knows how blessed he already is?
Here are just a bunch of photos from the shower...
left: sports blanket Grandma Shirleen tied, middle: diaper cake my cousin Tanis made, right: onesie Jordan's aunt Tracy found that says, "When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Call Grandma."
left: blessing blanket my aunt Vicki crocheted, middle: my cousin Kenzo loved helping me unwrap everything : ), right: cowboy blanket my aunt Linda tied
left: the coolest blanket ever that my friend Crissa made, middle: my little boy's first pair of Carhart jeans from Jordan's cousin Taylor, right: puppy blanket Madi (girl from Macie's basketball team Jordan coached)
left: the most awesome diaper bag ever from my cousin Charity, middle: a huge basket of gifts from my friend Cherika & her mom Cindy, right: a super warm football onesie from my amazing mom
right: me with aunt Linda, Mandy & Kenzo trying to run and hide from taking a picture, middle: adorable little cousin Ollie, cousins Shawnee & Shante & aunt Anita, right: cousins Crystal & Charity & aunt Vicki
right: amazing friend Crissa, middle: Crissa, Cherika & me, right: amazing friend Cherika - love you two!
left: super cute & fun party favors my mom did, handmade cowboy boot & cowboy hat chocolates with some blue nail polish, middle: how stinkin' cute is the cake my mother-in-law had made?, right: one of the center pieces
left: friend & hairdresser Briana w/ her little cutie Avery, middle: me with my fantastic cake, right: sisters-in-law Kendra & Macie and mother-in-law Kelly
left: Kendra (how gorgeous is she?), middle: Kendra & Macie, right: Macie (can you tell which football team she roots for?)
And of course my amazing mom! Love her to pieces!
My mom sent out a few dozen baby shower invitations...
![]() |
| love how they turned out! |
Luckily we had just enough chairs and got the party started. My friend since 7th grade Cherika was so amazing and made the 8 hour drive from Washington to come to my baby shower! Crissa that I've known since we were practically babies spent who knows how long making probably the coolest and most appropriate baby blanket I've ever seen! Jordan and my little boy may be fighting over this blanket, that's how awesome it is! Seriously, I have such amazing friends! And that's not even counting my aunt Vicki that crocheted a beautiful blessing blanket, my aunt Linda that made a very fitting cowboy blanket, grandma Shirleen made an also very appropriate sports blanket, and one of the girls from Macie's basketball team that Jordan coached made a blanket all by herself! She's 12-years-old! We received a ton of super cute and stylish clothes. Of course a good amount were camouflage and another good amount were sports themed. It's like everyone knows Jordan and I or something? j/k My good friend Briana made the coolest baby out of a onesie and some diapers stuffed into it! The thought of making something like that had never even crossed my mind. Everyone was pretty amazed by it. A cousin, Tanis made an awesome diaper cake, and another cousin got me the best diaper bag ever! My mom got us our crib, Kelly and Craig got us our car seat and stroller travel system, and grandma Brewster in Ohio got us a swing and bouncer set. My cousin Charity got pictures of almost every gift we received but to paint a little picture, there were nearly 200 photos on the memory card from the baby shower! We couldn't get all the gifts to fit in my car!
I was in complete awe the entire drive home. All my friends and family have been so kind and generous towards myself, Jordan, and our little boy. Thank you just doesn't seem to cover the gratitude I felt after my shower was over. On my way home I just kept thinking to myself, "Wow, I can't believe how blessed I am." And truly, I can't believe it. I hadn't even had my baby yet and I already felt like I was glowing from being so happy : ) I was really grateful for everyone being so excited and happy for us. Now that so many people have taken time to come to my baby shower, bring gifts, put in time, money, and effort making gifts, on top of being so excited for us. I'm just in awe. Heavenly Father sure knows who needs to be part of my life. I feel so incredibly blessed to have such genuine, kind hearted, warm, amazing people in my life. I wonder if my little boy knows how blessed he already is?
Here are just a bunch of photos from the shower...
left: sports blanket Grandma Shirleen tied, middle: diaper cake my cousin Tanis made, right: onesie Jordan's aunt Tracy found that says, "When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Call Grandma."
left: blessing blanket my aunt Vicki crocheted, middle: my cousin Kenzo loved helping me unwrap everything : ), right: cowboy blanket my aunt Linda tied
left: the coolest blanket ever that my friend Crissa made, middle: my little boy's first pair of Carhart jeans from Jordan's cousin Taylor, right: puppy blanket Madi (girl from Macie's basketball team Jordan coached)
left: the most awesome diaper bag ever from my cousin Charity, middle: a huge basket of gifts from my friend Cherika & her mom Cindy, right: a super warm football onesie from my amazing mom
right: me with aunt Linda, Mandy & Kenzo trying to run and hide from taking a picture, middle: adorable little cousin Ollie, cousins Shawnee & Shante & aunt Anita, right: cousins Crystal & Charity & aunt Vicki
right: amazing friend Crissa, middle: Crissa, Cherika & me, right: amazing friend Cherika - love you two!
left: super cute & fun party favors my mom did, handmade cowboy boot & cowboy hat chocolates with some blue nail polish, middle: how stinkin' cute is the cake my mother-in-law had made?, right: one of the center pieces
left: friend & hairdresser Briana w/ her little cutie Avery, middle: me with my fantastic cake, right: sisters-in-law Kendra & Macie and mother-in-law Kelly
left: Kendra (how gorgeous is she?), middle: Kendra & Macie, right: Macie (can you tell which football team she roots for?)
And of course my amazing mom! Love her to pieces!
.jpg)










No comments:
Post a Comment