Happy and excited do not begin to explain how we feel about this news...
And this is how I told Jordan the news when I found out...
I handed him this "movie" with 4 other movies and said okay you make the final pick. This is how we usually decide on a movie because neither of us will pick. The 4 other movies I chose were all action movies except for this one. Jordan flips through them all, looks at this one, and as he's flipping to the next one says, "Why would I want to watch this?" Apparently he didn't really read or look at it that closely. Afterwards he said he'd already heard of this movie so he basically just read the first line and knew what movie it was. When he didn't get it then I told him to open it and there he found a positive pregnancy test. Then he looks at me, with huge eyes might I add, and says, "Really?" After a minute or two had passed I asked him which movie he wanted me to put in and he said he needed a few minutes to let it all sink in ; ) I was sort of preparing myself to grab a cup of cold water to pour on him if some color didn't return to his face.
We also told Jordan's family the same way but when we told my family I got a children's book and wrote on the inside cover, "Read to me on: May 23rd, 2013." It only took my mom a couple seconds then she looks at me and says with a huge smile on her face, "Really?" Nathan didn't quite get it then my mom told him what that meant and he said the same thing with a nice excited tone in his voice that I thought was cute. My mom was never the one to push the baby thing on us. She always wanted me to be done with school before we started a family and over the last year or so she started dropping hints and buying some things that definitely screamed, baby! That's when I knew even my mom was ready and for a baby and for my mom, that's really sayin' somethin'. One Sunday evening we went up to Jordan's grandparent's house in Ashton, ID and told them the same way we told my parent's. Grandma and Grandpa Knapp were both very happy for us. Grandma got that it meant baby time as soon as she opened the book : ) Then I decided to mail a book to Jordan's grandparent's in Ohio (Kelly's parent's).
We also told Jordan's family the same way but when we told my family I got a children's book and wrote on the inside cover, "Read to me on: May 23rd, 2013." It only took my mom a couple seconds then she looks at me and says with a huge smile on her face, "Really?" Nathan didn't quite get it then my mom told him what that meant and he said the same thing with a nice excited tone in his voice that I thought was cute. My mom was never the one to push the baby thing on us. She always wanted me to be done with school before we started a family and over the last year or so she started dropping hints and buying some things that definitely screamed, baby! That's when I knew even my mom was ready and for a baby and for my mom, that's really sayin' somethin'. One Sunday evening we went up to Jordan's grandparent's house in Ashton, ID and told them the same way we told my parent's. Grandma and Grandpa Knapp were both very happy for us. Grandma got that it meant baby time as soon as she opened the book : ) Then I decided to mail a book to Jordan's grandparent's in Ohio (Kelly's parent's).
Jordan's family however, his mom and sisters in particular, went crazy! Lots of jumping, screaming, and smiling. That was after it clicked and understood what we were trying to tell them. I was a little disappointed to be honest. I thought my idea was awesome and very fitting for our family but nobody seemed to get it very quickly. Jordan says it's because I made it "too good" so it basically looked professional. Jordan's dad shed a few tears (which we both knew would happen) and I even saw some excitement in Dustin's face.
How far along? 14 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain: Roughly maybe 2 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Nope, regular clothes still. However, I had to go up in size on the G's cause they were a little too snug around the belly : )
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleeping is about the same unless I drink a lot of liquid before I go to bed then obviously a midnight bathroom break is in order. Turning over quick is out. Can tell baby does not like it at all! I think I already need an extra pillow for the belly too. I tend to kind of sleep half way on my belly and that is already a little uncomfortable.
Best moment this week: Getting to see all of our family over Thanksgiving! The ones we hadn't seen in awhile but knew we were expecting were very excited and happy for us. Again, lots of screaming and giggling was involved : )
Maternity clothes? Nope, regular clothes still. However, I had to go up in size on the G's cause they were a little too snug around the belly : )
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleeping is about the same unless I drink a lot of liquid before I go to bed then obviously a midnight bathroom break is in order. Turning over quick is out. Can tell baby does not like it at all! I think I already need an extra pillow for the belly too. I tend to kind of sleep half way on my belly and that is already a little uncomfortable.
Best moment this week: Getting to see all of our family over Thanksgiving! The ones we hadn't seen in awhile but knew we were expecting were very excited and happy for us. Again, lots of screaming and giggling was involved : )
Miss Anything? Being able to eat like I did before. Honestly before becoming pregnant I ate a little piggish. Now it seems like my meals have been cut in half. I literally have to eat every 2 hours or I start to feel nauseous (even when I was taking the anti-nausea meds during the day).
Movement: If there's movement I'm not noticing but I highly doubt there's anything goin' on.
Food cravings: Sometimes for lunch strange combinations of food will sound good. Like breadsticks from Little Caesar's and tacos? Weird! Although over the last couple weeks those little Tostino's pizza from the freezer section will usually sound amazing. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches have been tasty for the last couple weeks too.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Sometimes meat. Mostly burger. Hamburgers haven't sounded good for a few months now.
Gender: ???
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Heartburn (only when I've eaten any chips and salsa which really stinks because I love chips and salsa), some lower back pain, can already tell there's something different when it comes to simple movements.
Belly Button in or out? In but I think I can see it changing already.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and excited. Sometimes blah at night if the nausea is worse. Thank goodness for anti-nausea meds.
Looking forward to: Feeling Baby Knapp move and watching this belly of mine grow!
Movement: If there's movement I'm not noticing but I highly doubt there's anything goin' on.
Food cravings: Sometimes for lunch strange combinations of food will sound good. Like breadsticks from Little Caesar's and tacos? Weird! Although over the last couple weeks those little Tostino's pizza from the freezer section will usually sound amazing. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches have been tasty for the last couple weeks too.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Sometimes meat. Mostly burger. Hamburgers haven't sounded good for a few months now.
Gender: ???
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Heartburn (only when I've eaten any chips and salsa which really stinks because I love chips and salsa), some lower back pain, can already tell there's something different when it comes to simple movements.
Belly Button in or out? In but I think I can see it changing already.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and excited. Sometimes blah at night if the nausea is worse. Thank goodness for anti-nausea meds.
Looking forward to: Feeling Baby Knapp move and watching this belly of mine grow!
I really didn't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed if I was wrong so I waited an extra like 2 weeks before I even took a test. And it was so weird, let me tell ya. I took an at home pregnancy test and a blood test at work on the same day, which was a Thursday. The Tuesday before I had just engulfed a bacon cheeseburger, fries, and chocolate milk. Either it was the biggest coincidence ever or it's all in my head but it was like as soon as I found out for sure that I was pregnant, the nausea hit me full force and haven't been able to eat a normal meal since then. The following week I felt fine and ate decent until about Friday. Friday came and I felt like I got knocked on my bum. For the next week and a half I ate hardly anything, felt super nauseous, yet hardly vomited at all. In a week and a half I lost 6 pounds and felt incredibly weak. I finally had to call my OB/GYN, that I hadn't even seen yet, and ask for something that could help. I'm lovin' these anti-nausea meds I've been taking. They've made the biggest difference. Now that we're into the 2nd Trimester, if I feel the need to take some anti-nausea meds it's only at night and not even every night, just once in awhile.
At my second appointment, November 15th, I had the lab work done at work a few days in advance and had my ultrasound done at Mountain View Hospital (we're sure loving me being an employee of Mountain View right now), then headed over to the doctor's appointment...
I love love love that you can see the left arm, hand, and fingers so distinctly!!! After this picture Baby Knapp was stubborn and wouldn't move very much. Definitely must be my child : )
Next appointment..........December 13th!!!
At my second appointment, November 15th, I had the lab work done at work a few days in advance and had my ultrasound done at Mountain View Hospital (we're sure loving me being an employee of Mountain View right now), then headed over to the doctor's appointment...
I love love love that you can see the left arm, hand, and fingers so distinctly!!! After this picture Baby Knapp was stubborn and wouldn't move very much. Definitely must be my child : )
Next appointment..........December 13th!!!



I am seriously so excited for you guys! And I love the description of Jordan when you told him. I can totally picture it. :) haha. How you announced to your families is way cute. I've never done anything creative to tell our families, so maybe with the next one we'll have to think of something creative and cool! :) Ok. This is turning into a book, but I can't wait to see your cute little belly! We should get together sometime soon! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Being pregnant is amazing, I loved it even though I was huge haha. You will love being a mom, it is the BEST!
ReplyDelete