Sunday, September 16, 2012

{ Fun Weekend & 1st Crochet Project }

This last weekend was another packed couple of days all wrapped up with some fun in between. Friday after work Jordan and I met at his parent's to head down to Pocatello. Keri (a cousin) was having her wedding reception that night at her mom and step-dad's church building but first we drove down early to meet up with Kendra and see her for a bit. I think we ended up getting to her apartment around 3:30 pm, hung around her apartment 'til some of us were a little bored then decided to grab something to eat before the reception. After some yummy mexican food from El Heraderos we took Kendra back to her apartment so she could get ready for an even she had to plan since she's an RA then we headed to the church building for the reception.

Keri looked beautiful and had some awesome wedding colors and yummy treats. Too bad most of us were still stuffed from dinner to eat any of it. Except Jordan managed to snack on a few of the banana Laffy Taffys ; ) I really love being able to see so much of the family at once like at a reception. I got to see Shawnee and Ryan's little girl Ollie, Grandma & Grandpa Knapp, and Brady and Lyndsey. Jordan did a European mount of a Mule Deer Brady had got last season so he was able to bring that to give to Brady all finished. I think Brady liked it a lot and Lyndsey and I were able to chat a little bit so we really didn't mind them talking about hunting and what-not for awhile longer : )

Saturday rolled around and Jordan and I planned to go to Spud Day! I don't think we went last year but this year was definitely successful. We got to watch the Spud Tug and see the missionaries team get 2nd place! I got to see my mom for a bit. And of course we got some scrumptious snacks. I couldn't resist not getting a sno cone and for the road we got a giant bag of kettle corn. I think we contained ourselves pretty good (partly because we didn't bring much cash). It's a good thing we already had plans to have dinner with Crissa and James or else we would have had to find an ATM.

See the mashed potato pit on the right side? Yummy right?
This is the first time I'd really realized how much Spud Day is geared towards younger kids so we really didn't stay long and headed down to Blackfoot to have dinner and play some games with Crissa and James and their two cute girls. We felt really bad for that family though. James ran the half marathon this morning which started at like 6:30 so they'd all been up since like 5:00 am! That and James said he felt like his guts were going to fall out. So we met up at their house and Crissa cooked a super tasty dinner for all of us while Jordan and I tried to keep the girls occupied as best we could. Kylie enjoyed looking at all the pictures of animals Jordan had on his phone. I thought it was super cute! After dinner we played a game called Bang. Neither of us had ever heard of it but it's basically a western type game in the sense that you have a sheriff, outlaws, deputies, etc. and throughout the game I thought it was almost like playing out a western movie. The outlaws and everyone tried to kill the sheriff, the sheriff tried to get the outlaws, there were cards that acted as guns to try and kill people, a general store made up of a selection of more cards. We only got to play once because it was already so late and we all had church the next day of course. I'm surprised the game lasted as long as it did because I was the sheriff, and not a very good one at that. Jordan especially liked that game, go figure right, so I think it may be one we try and purchase in the future.

Thanks Crissa & James for a fun night! We love having such good friends like you two close by! When our drainfield gets replaced someday we'll definitely be giving you guys a call!

1st Crochet Project
About a year and a half ago a lady in our ward put on our homemaking class for the month and taught us all how to make those crocheted headbands most people have seen around. Well, I must say picking it up was harder than it looked. My hands and fingers didn't last too long before they started to cramp up! Sad huh? Anyways, she was super patient with me and a couple other ladies in our ward helped a bunch. I was so close to finishing but when I got home, and was at the part of the strap that goes around your head, I could not figure out how to start making my row shorter to finish it. Now you may ask, is my headband done? Um...nope! I'm still at the same spot I was over a year ago. However, I've decided I'm going to put in more effort and learn how to crochet. So a couple months ago I went to Porter's and got a simple crochet book for making dish clothes and dish towels. Well, I tried to follow the pictures it had for each stitch and it was just not in the cards for me or something because I was struggling. Stitches I thought were the ones in the picture turned out to be a different stitch entirely. I know because a lady I work with is like a crochet queen and I asked her to show me all the stitches so I can understand better. She was a lifesaver but I finally finished, like completely finished my first crochet project ever...



Here you can see the fun colors a little bit better. It's not quite as big as a dish towel that I was imagining but I used a small scain of yarn so that was probably why. I was really getting the hang of it with this one so next time I think I'm going to start another headband that I found a pattern for on Pinterest. This one looks like it might be easier than the one I have yet to finish so I'm crossing my fingers it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment