Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Horses, Horses, Horses...


So some may already know that Jordan and myself and his family adopted two more Mustangs from a Mustang Ranch down in Salt Lake about a month and a half ago. Jordan had been wanting to get more horses to break for awhile and he finally talked his parents into actually doing it. First, none of us have magical powers and I'm sure these possible horses can't fly so we needed a horse trailer. Jordan's parents had been wanting to get a horse trailer for awhile too and Jordan managed to convince them to drive down to Jerome, Idaho with Jordan's dad Craig's new diesel to look at a 3 horse slant trailer to possibly buy on the spot. Well they loved the trailer and talked the guy down in price. Even better that the trailer looks really good with Craig's new truck! So after purchasing the trailer in Jerome at roughly 9:00 pm we made our way down to Salt Lake and arrived with the new trailer at our hotel at 12:30 am. Somehow we managed to cram myself, Jordan, Jordan's parent's Craig and Kelly, and Tom (Jordan's best friend), into a room that only had a loveseat couch and a king size bed. Pretty sure the only people that got enough sleep were Craig and Kelly, and then maybe me since I hear I kinda shoved Jordan off the sleeping mat we had. The next morning I had no idea what time we woke up. I just remember it was a time that shouldn't even exist on a clock and headed to the horse ranch. We got there farely quickly and began to look at all the ghelding's (male horses about 2 I believe) After a few hours myself and Craig gave our opinions on what horses we liked and then Jordan and Kelly made the final decision. The first few pictures of the brown and grey horses are the ones we chose from the ranch. The brown one is turning 4 I believe and the grey one is turning 3 I think. So far the grey one's name is Sombra that means shadow in Porteguese (Dane picked the name for us) and I think we're gonna go with Autera or something like that, that I think means warrior cause the brown one is really muscular. The grey one is coming along really well and Jordan can actually put a saddle on him and tie it up and everything. The brown one is particularly stubborn and no one has really gotten very far with him.

The last 3 pictures of the 2 brownish red horses are ones that a guy in Jordan and mine's ward that basically said we could have them. The smaller one is supposed to be the baby that's 9 months old even though she's pretty fat. We have no idea how old the mother is but she's really pretty too! We're not sure if we're actually going to take them but Kelly really really wants a baby horse and since the baby horse everyone was waiting for Whisper to have died a couple weeks ago she is really itching to have one so she might take this baby or take Whisper to Washington to have bread again in hopes of having a baby horse that doesn't die (I might try to explain what happened with the baby horse another time). Anyways, the baby horse is super cute and seems to be a really sweet horse. Definitely not trained at all but I'm sure Jordan can whip her into shape : )

No comments:

Post a Comment