Saturday, November 21, 2015

{ 2 Months Old... }

Well unfortunately it's happening. Sicily is getting bigger! At 5 weeks I had to move her up to size 1 diapers. I could barely get those newborn diapers around her waist and chubby little thighs. On top of all the leaking and few blowouts that were happening. Now, the unfortunate part about this is that I was expecting it to be like Wyatt with diapers too. Wyatt was wearing newborns for months. Like at least 3 months I think, if not longer. He was such a little guy! So, with that in mind, I already had nearly a full case of newborn diapers that a friend of mine had gotten me from Madison Memorial before she moved. Then I had bought another case of newborn diapers from Mountain View before I had Sicily. So we're talking close to 500 newborn diapers that apparently I was not going to be needing for Sicily. Rats! Well, I guess I'll have plenty of newborn diapers for probably a couple more babies ; ) Thankfully I also had a bunch of size 1 diapers leftover from Wyatt. Huggies diapers never worked for Wyatt but I kept them anyways to try on the next baby. I think Sicily's chubby legs are serving her well because the Huggies diapers fit great. Wyatt's legs were always too little. He was constantly leaking out of them around his legs.

Another thing that's different between Sicily and Wyatt, Sicily does not like a pacifier. I did only try the kind that I got as a gift but she just seemed to hate them no matter what. Once in awhile they would help soothe her in the carseat but when I would bounce her to sleep for naps and bedtime she would seem to cry and scream when I'd try to give it to her. Most of the time spitting it out over and over again. So one night I just didn't give it to her at all, still bounced her to sleep and laid her down. She went to sleep way way better than when I was trying to give it to her. Wyatt always had his pacifier when he slept and in the car. It soothed him so quickly. We took it away when he was 15 months old but it looks like we won't have to worry about doing that with Sicily. I'm definitely okay with that. Now, if Sicily was a super fussy baby I would probably really want a pacifier to help soothe her but Sicily is such an easy going, pleasant baby that so far we just don't need it.

Miss Sicily is still sleeping great. At night she's getting up usually twice, once in awhile 3 times but still goes right back to sleep. Naptime is also still going well. She's still taking two naps everyday. Once around 10:00 am, then again about 2:00 pm. Her morning nap is her longer one lasting until it's time for her to eat again, 3 hours at least but most of the time I've had to wake her up to eat. If I didn't wake her up I think she'd sleep most of the day. Her afternoon nap is shorter but still pretty good at at least 2 hours. I must say I look forward to afternoon naptime because Sicily and Wyatt have been going down in the afternoon at the same time. That translates into me either getting lots of cleaning done, blogging,  some exercising (rare but been trying to do better in this area), and maybe even just some nice relaxing time for myself. Hopefully they both continue to take their afternoon nap at the same time.

She's definitely completely outgrown all of the newborn clothes. The last few that were still fitting her alright are now way too small. She's almost getting too big for all the 3 month clothes too! She is growing way too fast. I feel like she's getting bigger faster than Wyatt ever did. It's just crazy how different each child is. And how as a mother, you can tell from the beginning that they are very different. At least in some aspects.

10.27.2016
10.31.2016 - Happy Halloween - cutest little ladybug I ever did see
11.3.2016
11.6.2016
11.9.2016
11.13.2016
11.15.2016 - first Sunday at church


No comments:

Post a Comment